Ganesha Kampot Eco Guesthouse and More
$24
Priceline
$18
Agoda.com
Good Morning Kampot(Kampot)(Great Value!)
$16
  • Beachfront
$14
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewssmall rivertuk tukrice fieldsthe owneron stiltsnatural swimming poolbumpy ridemain buildingsurrounded by naturein townmosquito netstayed longercold waterdirt trackown bathroomphnom penhstayed nights
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights in the tribal hut. The first thing I'll say is the hosts are fantastic and really helpful. The gardens are beautiful, the main restaurant/bar is great as well. Everything you need in your room is there, It could be considered minimal, but you really only need to go there to sleep!

The hosts can help you with everything from bus tickets to places to visit and my recommendation hiring a motorbike to get around on. Very easy to ride in Kampot. The riverside was beautiful and even though it took 3 nights I got an amazing sunset on my third night!

I'd recommend Ganesha, for those wanting a countryside location, close to Kampot and enjoys chatting to the hosts of this great place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Justin W
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this EcoLodge and its owners / staff. I stayed as a lone traveller and was made to feel totally at home from arrival to departure. I stayed in one of the rooms in the lodge itself. It was very spacious and comfortable. There is a sacrifice on noise privacy as the lodge is made mostly of wood but it wasn't a problem for me and being woken up at 5am by the sound of monks chanting at the nearby monastery just added to the ambience in my opinion. In fact I had a great idea to get up and go there to record it on my phone and set as an alarm sound. Alas I was too lazy. The hosts, Emmanuel and Stefanie, went way beyond the 'call of duty' to make my stay as pleasurable as possible. They helped me with anything I needed including tours and onward travel. Exploring the mesmerising countryside by bicycle is easier than anywhere Ive been and bikes here are free. That's a first! If you're in Cambodia don't pass by Kam Pot and if you're in Kam Pot don't pass by Ganesha. You will leave with great memories.

Room Tip: Book ahead and get one of the Yurts in the gardens by the river.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jonboy_Guinness
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I'd heard good things about the Ganesha, and I was not disappointed. The resort is beautifully crafted, and set in a lovely garden. I stayed in the garden yurt, which was a really nice room. The room was spacious and comfortable. There was a fan in the room, which worked to keep the temperature down.
The hosts were excellent, and really went that extra mile to ensure that our stay was a great one. The food was good, and the portions huge, and good value for money. The whole resort was just lovely. We hired the canoe for the afternoon, and had an enjoyable jaunt on the river. We also went out on the sunset cruise. The sunset wasn't up to much, but the cruise was very relaxing.
It would have been a perfect get away, but for the noise of the nearby funeral - but that's Cambodia. They grieve very loudly here, using a cheap amplifier with bad distortion.
However I'm sure I will go back to the Ganesha.

Room Tip: The garden yurt is big enough for four, but has 2 double beds. It's a great room for 2 people. I would have liked a private seating area. We could sit on the platform by the river, and didn't share with anyone-else. The riverside yurts have a private seating area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were a bit dubious of what we had booked ourselves into when we saw that we were getting further and further away from Kampot, but as soon as we arrived all our doubts were diminished. The setting and atmosphere was, in a word, fantastic! We were shown to our tribal hut and it was like being transported to being a child again, our own tree house! Other accommodation including main house rooms, river yurts and the tower. The food was slightly dearer BUT it surpassed everything we had eaten before as the food was delicious!! The hosts, Stephanie and Emmanuel were so friendly and accommodating, they couldn't do enough to make your stay brilliant! I recommend hiring a motorbike to explore properly, as tuk tuks are quite expensive, Bokor Mountains are a must to visit and also do the sunset river cruise! We would recommend this place to everyone and anyone! If I had to be picky I would say that the mosquito nets need to be replaced as ours were full of holes, but we did some damage repair on them and all was sorted. You were also given mosquito coils to burn which was a good touch. I would go back here without a doubt or hesitation!

Room Tip: all of them are brilliant!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed in a riverside yurt at Ganesha for three nights. We truly wish it was three weeks and next time it will be. It's a beautiful, scenic area, close enough to any attractions you're after, and secluded enough for a peaceful getaway. The food is really good but the biggest plus from it all were the hosts, Emmanuel and Stephanie. These guys are so friendly and so helpful. If you're the type who asks lots of questions, needs a bit of help and wants to stay up chatting to someone about international politics, wine and music, then these guys are perfect for you. OR if you want to get away from everyone, hide away in a riverside yurt and only come out for food and showers, they're cool with that too! Whatever you want your stay to be, it will be at Ganesha. Enjoy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple