All reviews on stilts jean yves the main house the river tuk tuk board games fried fish table tennis phnom penh in town mango explore kampot reception area rainy season watch the sunset ate here amazing place
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Wow! Where to begin. This is probably my favorite spot in Asia, and my girlfriend and I are thinking of coming back here for our honeymoon. LM is set on the Kampot River in southern Cambodia near the coast, and we stayed in a bungalow on stilts for 3 days. The thing that did it for us was the thoroughly relaxed atmosphere. The property is beautiful with the wooden houses and tropical trees right next to a beautiful and clean river (that you can swim in!).

The food here is absolutely amazing and we ate here for every meal we were in Kampot - no need to go into the main city. Breakfast included 5 jams (mango, pear, guava, etc.) home-made at Les Manguiers along with tea, juice, a slice of cheese, and a fresh baguette. Lunch and dinner included perfectly-cooked shrimp, bbq pork, local fish and vegetables, and even Kep crab (we wanted to have crab so they bought it from the market and made it that same day just for us!). There is amazing kayaking on the river, and make sure to ask about the "Green Cathedral," a beautiful river loop where the tropical palm trees and mango trees shade you from the sky. We did this kayaking trip while it was raining, which was just a surreal experience.

The staff is very friendly, including Ms. Chan, who will help you with whatever you need. There is wi-fi if you need it and a great central area to sit down and relax. Or, you can go sit right next to the river in one of their many terraces (where you can eat your meals). We also went to the school nearby and helped teach English to the young kids.

This is a great vacation spot for anyone that needs to absolutely relax. The bungalows are very clean and simple with mosquito nets, and the staff provides free towels. I felt so relaxed here that I wanted to stay longer. We stayed for 3 nights, but I would have loved to stay for a week or a month!

Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lev M
Reviewed July 14, 2012

First of all, the location on the Kampot river is absolutely beautiful. There are a number of bungalows (on stilts) dotted about the property. You can swim and kayak in the river, and there's a passenger boat available for trips into Kampot and for a night-time fire-flies watching trip, which is fantastic. It was rainy when we went, so we didn't get a chance to do much, but enjoyed the atmosphere and just relaxing. We hung out in the restaurant/ bar in the eve, where you can hook up to the wi-fi, watch dvds or play table tennis and board games. It helps to like animals - there's a group of friendly dogs, bunnies, sheep and as this is Cambodia, we spied a couple of rats :-( we told the staff about them, and they made efforts to plug up some gaps and things.
Beds/ rooms comfortable and perfectly adequate, and we really enjoyed the food - we had light meals and the breakfasts. It's served as a table d'hote, but if you want something different (I'm veggie, and my mum had a slight poorly tummy) they'll do that for you too. We found the staff really friendly and helpful all the time.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Exquisite location on the river, rustic bungalows which make you feel close to nature, and very relaxed. Service is spotty, it is definitely not luxurious, but the staff are very friendly and the place is family run and very warm and welcoming. Rooms are simple but adequate with lots of windows and good views (could be cleaner but it adds to the rustic feel!). Bathrooms are old and need remodeling. Food is simple but generally tasty. Main issue is the noise -- from nearby as well as onsite construction and you can hear what is going on in the neighboring community--you would think a place like this would be quieter, unfortunately.

Room tip: get a bungalow.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Amazingly beautiful setting, delicious food, a seriously warm welcome by the hosts and wonderful countryside and coast all around it, who could ask for more? Some people might complain the place is too rustic and basic, but I will not be among them. Although I do like my creature comforts, I am more than happy to exchange them for the beautiful surroundings, and I positively approve of accommodation with no TV. Fantastic place for children as there's always company and the wide open spaces, bikes, toys, sandpit and river are a permanent invitation to have fun. The owners are kindness itself and exceedingly helpful organizing boat and kayak trips, transfers into town or further afield. Unmissable!

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank rmpcv
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Kampot is a lovely town to visit, and Les Manguiers is definitely the most enchanting place to stay while you are there. We rented our own bungalow, which was a cute thatched-roof wooden building that felt rustic but delightfully Cambodian. There was no need for A/C since all the windows were opened and the breeze kept us cool. The remote riverside location is perfect for kayaking, dining al fresco, and taking the nighttime boat ride to see the fireflies along the riverside. But, it's just about 10 minutes along the bumpy road to the heart of downtown Kampot with all the bars, restaurants, coffee shops, etc. I really loved my time at this hotel!

Date of stay: June 2012