The Biltmore Greensboro
  • Restaurant
$149
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Greensboro(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$92
Hotels.com
Comfort Suites Airport(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$76
$99
$148
$145
$103
HIExpress.com
Quality Inn and Suites Airpark East(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$59
QualityInn
$84
Proximity Hotel(Greensboro)
$259
All reviewswine and cheeseheart of downtowncarolina theatercanopy bedoriginal elevatorcharming hotelparking deckwithin walking distancelocal bakerycontinental breakfastelm streetchain hotelcivil rights museummodern amenitiesolder hotelthird floorking room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 30, 2009

My coworkers and I had a great stay at the Biltmore! The rooms are spacious, the staff friendly and helpful, and the rate (under $100 per room) couldn't be beat. The location is fantastic, too, with plenty of restaurants within walking distance. It's not a plush resort, but it's quite comfortable and clean, and the old elevator and lobby seating area are charming.

The hotel is under new ownership (as of Fall '08), so the problems other folks encountered in the past shouldn't be an issue anymore. Both of the staff members I talked with were very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank rcmann
biltmoregreensboro, General Manager at The Biltmore Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank You so much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. The noise is a issue that we have brought up to the city for sometime and we are currently addressing the issue. Thanks Again...Hope you to see you again.

Brian Coleman
GM

Reviewed December 6, 2008

This was a good hotel for me, with an ideal location in the downtown area of Greensboro. There are not many hotel options in this location. The hotel has charm, even it's antique lift. The rooms were small, especially with the double bed, but for a single or couple there should be plenty of space. A cold breakfast is available and wine and cheese on an evening (although a visit to Natty Greens bar, one block south of the hotel, is to be recommended, for some good drink and food).

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank OctopusUK66
Reviewed October 20, 2008

Sweet inn located downtown- convenient walk to restaurants and venues. Stayed in King Bed. Linens were a bit worn and bottom sheet didn't stay tucked in. Comforter a bit old and sunfaded. The hotel was nice though. I slept in and didn't make the free breakfast and didnt make the wine reception either. Free computer to use which was good. Felt like staying at a relatives house- which could be good or bad depending on what you are looking for...Good price- payed $109 for king.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2008

Disappointing stay at the Biltmore.

This is an interesting hotel - nice lobby. The person that checked us in was very nice and accommodating. She was also very helpful in finding a restaurant that was open on Sunday night when we checked in.

It was downhill from there. After two nights of too much noise and light from the parking garage coming in from across the street - it got to be too much.

As it turns out our business plans changed and we needed to check out to go to another city. SURPRISE! Upon politely trying to check out early (7:30AM), I was told that I was checking out early and was I aware that there were no refunds. I told him no (as I wasn't). Upon further discussion, I was curtly told that upon check in I had signed a document that stated no refunds. Well, this turned out to be true but like a lot of folks - you don't think to read the fine print. I will not make that mistake again - however had one found themselves arriving late and/or in a busy period - they may not have had alternate hotel choices at the last minute.

Of course I was not aware of this policy (nor was I informed) when the reservation was made. I never book non-refundable rooms anywhere because plans can change at the last minute.

After more discussion the man at the desk who identified himself as the General Manager he finally said he would refund one out of the three nights. I suggested that one night penalty, while still unjust might be more fair. He refused to listen to anything further I had to say. I politely suggested that I would need to chat with my credit card company. He said fine - "I have never lost one of these before." They have obviously been around this block many times before with unsuspecting travelers. Had I read a review like this one - I would have booked another Greensboro Hotel (there are many).

This hotel has many nice reviews - maybe things have gone downhill. The towels are awful as are the pillows. They forgot to leave coffee, cups, or the sugar/creamer packs after the first night. They provided one little bar of soap (where most supply one for the sink and one for the shower). The hotel wasn't all that clean. Something is wrong at this establishment.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2008

This small antique hotel is awful! Full of disrepair. The staff is not very perfessional at all. I need information from the front desk clerk and was waiting there while he was helping a few people in front of myself and after 10 minutes of standing there it turns out that the people were just friends of the front desk person and was not staying at the hotel. The clerk gave me wrong directions after I finally got up to him.

The bathtub in the bathrrom has a stain completely around it that will not come clean from the years of build up of dirt. The floors hardwood floors are scrapped and scarred up. The hallways smell of urine.

And to finsih my stay off even my car window was busted out in the the htoel parking deck. they asured me that my car would be completely fine parked in the deck. Not So, do not believe them on that.

I complained to the hotel staff and to the Hotel manager and got nothing done by anyone on any part of my stay. They said that this is the best that they have to offer to me and that I could go to another hotel if I would like. What type of customer service is this? NONE!!!!!

I suggest that anyone thinking of staying here should find another hotel. I am sure any other place would be safer and cleaner by far.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business