“Charming and convenient!”

Ranked #8 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Winchester, KY
“Charming and convenient!”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We stayed at the Biltmore Greensboro for three nights and found it to be an excellent hotel. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. The decor is charming and clean. Our room was beautifully decorated and quiet, despite the fact that there was a tour group staying there. The hotel is conveniently located near restaurants, the Triad Theatre, and the Civil Rights Museum. Parking is across the street in a covered parking garage, and the hotel validates the parking ticket. The Biltmore is a good value and much more fun than a chain motel! We plan to stay there again next week!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Becky M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Nice rooms, Quaint Inn feel, excellent location to enjoy restaurants, clubs, etc. downtown. We enjoyed it and will stay again on our next visit.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank kridw
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I tried the Biltmore because my usual Greensboro hotels were filled because of the High Point furniture show. This is a tired place trying to be a boutique hotel. The room was small, the bed had flat pads instead of real pillows, and there was a lot of street noise and hall noise. Furnishings were spartan and well-used. The room did not even have a single easy chair. The work area was tiny, consisting of a wobbly little table. There were not enough electrical outlets for the usual electronic items visitors carry. The breakfast was minimal --- bagels and three types of cereal -- much less satisfactory than one would find even at a chain budget hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank Dennis N
Manteo, North Carolina
Reviewed September 15, 2011

This hotel was a charming, magnificent place. A family member and I were looking for a place to stay midway through a trip...but we wanted an adventure that stood out from the rest. This hotel was easy to get to and came from a friend's recommendation. I felt like I was staying at a family home. The building is old (Historic!), but appears to have been well upkept. The lobby area was cozy and felt just right. The clerk was charming and polite upon our checkin. The old elevator was FUN! Our room was a double. The beds were comfy, the room was clean. Really tall ceilings and hardwood floors are nice. The view from our room was of a building that was a bit rundown, but we didn't really care (who visits Greensboro for the view?). The breakfast is magnificent, and the coffee machine is amazing. I would stay here again if I had chance to be in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank snippychick
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have stayed here 3 times & love it. All the rooms are different & tastefully furnished in beautiful restored wooden furniture.
This time I had a room with a fabulous 4 poster bed.
This place takes me back to my childhood. When going to a Hotel was an event, just as was flying in a plane.
The building is old & they have furnished & maintained & restored it was it should be.
It's also spotless.
Breakfast is also great. I think they have the best coffee in any hotel in the USA.......you have a choice & it's done right, fresh on the spot thanks to an awesome coffee machine ! The pastries were from a quaint local bakery. There was also a choice of yogurts, fruit & energy bars.
The staff at the front desk were very pleasant & helpful.
I'll be back !!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
nc
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I was looking for a dog friendly hotel in the city. I called the Biltmore and explained we were looking for a clean upscale hotel. I was told this was a luxury boutique hotel. We arrived and before unpacking our car, proceeded up to our room. We were not happy. The suite was on the third floor, the hallway was sooo hot and it smelled like dirty sox's. Once in the suite the smell changed to a terrible feces smell. Then upon further examination there was a dark subtance coming from the ceiling, down the wall. My husband summized it could be bat feces from the attic. The so called couch, full of stains, had a piece of glass between the cushions. I wanted to leave that second, but my husband decided we should ask for another room, since we were pressed for time. Oh, and that couch I mentioned, they expected a teenager to sleep on it. We explained our distress about the room and were given a double room. The room was warm upon our arrival so we turned the air conditioner up expecting to be cool when we came back, hours later. It was not. The remote on the TV didn't work. We were told by the house keeper that we would have to wait for clean wash cloths as they had none. The room was dirty, there were crumbs in the sheets and the drywall cas coming apart around the windows. We had enough at this point. We went down stairs to the desk and said we did not want to stay there any longer. It was very late and the desk clerk said he could not get into the computer, we would have to wait till tomorrow for a credit. We reluctently stayed the night. In the morning, after no sleep we went down for a cup of coffee and a bite to eat. After seeing the dirty area we decided only to have packaged food. I went for the yogurt. I opened it, only to discover it was chuncky. I looked at the expiration date, it was over two weeks expired. I took a picture of it with my phone. My husband was going to have a Jimmy dean sausage sandwich, but was scared because it was kept in the frig, who knows for how long. One thing I forgot to mention.. my husband looked at the air condition filter and it was terrible, plugged solid with dust. We couldn't get out fast enough. We went to the front desk and expected a refund on our credit card and were told that there was a cancellation policy. The man asked if we expressed our concerns, and we told him the night before, and the desk clerk admitted such. I don't know if he was the manager or the owner but he was rude and combattive. I urge anyone who has had a bad experience with this hotel to make a formal complaint. This place is not only dirty, and in need of repair, it is not safe.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank monk2407
Jericho, New York
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I stayed at the Biltmore this past Mother's Day, and had a lovely experience. The staff was VERY accommodating. To start we were originally scheduled to arrive in N.C at around 4am. Although check in isnt untill 3pm, I called to see if our room could be ready earlier. The manager (Brian) was the BEST!!! He assured me that the room would be ready and that the staff was on notice of our early morning arrival. We ended up arriving at around 7am and it was as if we were walking into a family member's home. The front desk clerk greeted me and let me know that everything was in order and told me that the manager was concerned when we hadn't arrived by 4am. (Gotta love Southern hosspitality).

Our room was a double queen room facing the front. It was very charming and clean. That weekend there was a lot of college graduation, and being in the heart of the downtown area, I expected it to be noisy based on some of the reviews. This was not the case. I travelled with a 3, 8 and 11 year old and we had no problem falling asleep each night.

I took the opportunity to check out some of the open unoccupied rooms while I was there. The set-up in the King suite is lovely. There is a sitting area with a kitchenette as well as a separate bedroom. Another room had a charming king sized canopy bed, bed step stool and all. Lovely set-up and thank-you for the history lesson on the building.

I found the continental breakfast quite enjoyable. I particulary enjoyed cereal mixed with the fresh granola mix!! My kids enjoyed the different cereals as well as the heat and serve breakfast sandwiches. Unfortunately i was never back in time to enjoy the evening wine reception.

All in all i truly enjoyed my stay and look forward to staying again when we return!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family