“Disappointing - no FREE TV!”

Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum
Ranked #26 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
New Jersey
“Disappointing - no FREE TV!”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Stayed for one night because of a late day at the coliseum. I had minimal expectations and was still disappointed. We requested a non-smoking room but it smelled like a smokers room. Even the towels smelled like smoke!

There is NO free TV. You can watch shows from previous weeks for a $5 charge....movies for a 13-$15 charge. This negates the good price of the room! In our case there was something wrong so we couldn't even view a pay per view movie. (It kept indicating that each of the 30 movies we selected were unavailable. I called several times to the front desk and they did not know how to solve the problem..said they would come later but never did.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank twilightdawn
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Greensboro Coliseum Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I am aware of a problem we had with our pay-preview provider. We do not charge for free TV. We have a cable package that includes HBO, ESPN, TNT, TNN, FOX News, CNN, and several others. I'm not sure if there was confusion with the remote (there are several buttons), but by using the channel buttons you can navigate free and pay-channels. I understand how frustrating the smoke smell must have been. We try to keep our non-smoking rooms free of smoke odor but it appears in your case a previous guest smoked in the room. I will share your feedback with our staff as it appears we did not follow-up with your issues. We will use this to prevent any future occurrence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 12, 2010

Me and my friends came down to visit my uncle who has been residing in Greensboro for some years. I called about 8am to see if we can check in early and spoke with Lily. She not only said yes but also gave us direction on how to get there. Upon check in, she had our room ready for us. Few minutes after checking, she called and asked if our room was ok and also asked there was anything we need assistance for. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and families.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Napa Valley, CA
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I came down for High Point Market and was wary of booking a hotel, based on shady reviews of other hotels in my price range in Greensboro. The positive Red Roof Inn reviews convinced me to book here and I wasn't disappointed. The young lady at the desk welcomed me warmly, helped me with travel directions and directed me to the room. The hotel is right off the main highway and High Point Rd., but is nestled near a wood-like area, with plenty of parking.

The room seemed renovated - fresh carpet, fresh paint, new accessories (mirrors and sconces), just clean in general. I even wanted to ask where they purchased their pillows, they were so comfortable. I was impressed with the noiselessness of the area and slept soundly for the 5 nights that I was there. I would definitely recommend this place if you're on a lower-budget trip, because the quality is better than what you're paying for and what you might expect!

Bummer: No hair dryer
Plus: Iron

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I stayed during a conference/meeting. The price was right, the room was clean and the staff was very nice. I would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed June 15, 2010

This review concerns the Red Roof Coluseum Area.

I came in late after a long drive (500 miles). It took the hotel 30 minutes to check me in, leaving a family member in the car, because of a computer glitch between Red Roof and Hotels.com.

I had made a change and had written documentation, but the systems didn't talk with each over. The result was that the clerk wouldn't check me in and I was stuck cooling my heels, calling Hotels.com for 30 minutes while they all figured it out. What a pain.

Everyone was nice as pie and Hotels.com couldn't have tried harder and the clerk was very nice, but it still took me 30+ minutes to get into a room because no one would make things right. Boo.

Hotels and Red Roof will get fewer room nights as a result.

Why do I have to deal with this. A simple "oh, I can see the confirm and we'll work it out, welcome) would have gotten me and my daughter into the room in 30 seconds and everything would have been fine.

Oh: Hotel was basic, but that's what I paid for. Basically fine, except for that "cluster-festivity".

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank chris32137
N. Ridgeville, OH
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We stayed here only for a night while traveling around the state looking at colleges. I was kind of skeptical at first, but the room was great and the girl at the front desk was very nice and helped us find things to do and places to eat in the area. The carpet, sheets, and towels were clean. There was a modern attached desk and dresser with TV, large vanity counter space with the sink outside of the bathroom, and new lighting. My only complaints were that the bed was very firm and the bathroom was small. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed January 30, 2010

We got an "all inclusive king" for a great price. It comes with free local and long distance, fridge, microwave, free wi-fi and a desk. not a bad room at all! A usual stay at the RRI. I have AT&T, but no signal in the 2nd building. Close to the bus stop, a biscuitville, hooters, lone star steak. Off of High Point rd and close to the convention center and the coliseum. It's also close to gander mtn and some shopping center. Would stay again!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple