“Looks rough, but great rooms and staff”

Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum
Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed here during my first week of a new job in town. I had actually booked another hotel that was a bit cheaper since I was going to be there a while and had two weeks until my lease started. The other place was atrocious and I was desperately looking for anything reasonable in town. TA steered me here and I was not disappointed. Even though this is an old-school building and was being painted at the time, the rooms have been redone and are decent. The hotel is pretty aggressively non-smoking and I was thankful for that as not everywhere in this town at this price range is as I learned the hard way. Both Jasmine and Keisha were extremely friendly and efficient through my constantly changing plans. Definitely worth the small bump for the Supreme King Room.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at our inn. We apologize for any inconvenience the painting project may have caused. One of our main goals is to provide outstanding service. Jasmine, Keisha and the entire staff was delighted to learn that you were pleased with the service you received.

It’s also great to hear you appreciate that all of our rooms are non-smoking and your acknowledgement of our efforts to maintain smoke free rooms for all guests. We agree with you that the Superior rooms meet the needs for business travelers.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you again if your travels return you to Greensboro.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stay every Saturday night, it's our date night.
Best perk 12:00 check out. Even better perk - Jereis Smith, she greets us by name and she is always cheerful and quick.
We missed her one Saturday and even her fill in was almost as sweet as Ms Smith.
We have movies, restaurants, and easy access to main roads.
We went to Red Roof Inn in Hardeeville, SC for memorial weekend.
It wasn't as up dated as ours and the service was dull.

Room Tip: The king superior room is comfortable and I love the heating and ac. I can't sleep without a fa...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our inn. Jereis and our entire staff were very happy about your positive comments regarding our service. One of our goals is to deliver great service and it is always a pleasure to hear from a satisfied customer.

We agree with you concerning the access to great shopping and entertainment. It’s great to hear that you enjoy our Superior King. I do invite you to take advantage of our RediCard program because of your frequent stays.

Thank you again for providing a review. We look forward to seeing you again on your next Saturday get-away.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 19, 2014

This review is for a SUPERIOR KING room. Keep in mind not all rooms have same amenities. This was our 3rd stay at this property and by far the best. Every single interaction with the staff was fantastic - all staff was professional, friendly, helpful and welcoming. The room was clean and we loved the updated décor. Most rooms do not have a hair dryer - they have a few at the front desk to borrow - but they go on first come, first serve basis. There is no breakfast offered - but most medium priced hotel breakfasts are not good anyway - so this did not matter. There is security each night, all night - which was very comforting. Our room did have a fridge and microwave - but again, not all rooms do. Great hotel with high value!

Room Tip: Spend a few dollars more and get a "superior" room - they offer fridge, microwave and coff...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Hello Brenda S.

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay and the Superior King room. With your repeat stays, I hope you signed up for our RediCard frequent stay program. It can provide you extra bonuses at no cost. We are all pleased to know you enjoyed your experience. I believe like you that the Superior King has all of the features that are of great value. We are appreciative to know that our staff was successful in delivering great service.

Thanks again for taking the time to complete a review. We do hope to see you again if your travels return you to Greensboro, NC.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Hotel in perfect for peaceful escape from work. Very quiet Area, Walking distance to good food!

Very Clean!
Thanks!
They check daily to make sure you got everything! Property was nice. When i visit greensboro NC I will be at the Red Roof Inn!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. It’s great to hear you had a peaceful stay. We agree that the area is convenient with nearby restaurants and a park. We are very happy to know you appreciated the room and our service.

Thanks again for taking the time to post a review. We do hope that you stay again when your travels return you to Greensboro.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

For a quick one or two night stay and compared to the prices of other nearby places this place in unbeatable. Clean rooms, friendly staff. I traveled by myself so I didn't care for a pool or restaurant so this place fit me perfectly for the weekend. I was given the room next to the office since I was a single occupant and hence I had people walking by my window a lot, but i didn't mind since once again no wife and kids around it didn't matter for the weekend.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Shannon S

Hello Shannon S,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. We are happy to read that you were pleased overall with your stay. I apologize if you had any disturbance during your stay. We want everyone to have a peaceful night without disruptions. While we don’t offer a pool or restaurant, there are several choices for both nearby. Our main goals are to provide clean rooms with great service.

Thank you again for taking the time to share. I do hope we see you again the next time you are in Greensboro.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Staff goes above board to help and accommodate guest
Here are some of the staff George, Jercis, and Keisha they were always available and helpful.
Thank you guys and gals, I will stay here again
Linda C

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Linda C
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Hello Linda C.,

Thank you for your time and sharing your experience at our hotel. One of our goals is to exceed our guest expectations and deliver individualized service to all of our guests. George, Jereis, and Keisha really appreciate you mentioning their efforts. The entire staff is always pleased to read positive comments regarding their service.

Thanks again for providing feedback. We hope to see you again if your travels return you to Greensboro, NC.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We were here to visit family. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. The girl at the desk was working hard to keep an eye on the Hotel. Even Checked on the parking lot and picked up trash. She was very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Hello,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at our inn. We want to provide a clean and comfortable environment for our guests. Your observations of our staff member are very encouraging. We want to make sure we show care when others are watching and when we think they are not. We recently upgraded our bedding, so it’s great to hear you found it comfortable.

Thanks again for taking the time to post a review. We hope to see you again when you visit family in the area.

General Manger