“Unplanned stopover”

Holiday Inn Express Greensboro-Wendover
Ranked #31 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was driving our Asheville Video crew and just ran out of steam while driving back from the coast. This happened near an I-40 exit and this hotel was the first one we spotted. Luck was with us. The HIE was affordable, quiet, nice, and with good and easy parking for our truck. Easy to get back onto I40 and then on to home.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Greensboro-Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Channel_70,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are indeed located right off of I-40 and I'm happy that you and your crew were able to spend an affordable, restful night after a long day. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Shamlee is the sweetest and most attentive,helpful,chearfull attendant anywhere!!!She always has a smile and treats everyone with the same kindness.I know for a fact first hand that some mornings I come down and she immediately brightens my day.And every other staff member is the same way,Mike,Chris.Rachael.Lisa.Nevada and I'm sure others I haven't met yet.The manager's reception is cool and they serve good food.I would recommend this hotel nto anyone staying in the Greensboro area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear JosephCain,

Thank you for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express - I'm glad to hear that you've had such a great experience with all of our staff and that we can be there to help brighten up your day. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed at your hotel on the night of the 31st of January and checked out on the 1st. of February.The hotel was nice, clean and the front desk staff was professional and check in was a breeze. However one person sttod out as giving excellent customer service and that was Shamlee in charge of the breakfast that morning. She not only kept the area extremely clean and stocked, she came to each table and asked the guests if there was anything else they needed. Shamlee went above and beyond what I would expect and I am sure people like her don't get enough prasie for her contribution in making your guests happy. She needs to know she is a very improtant part of your staff.
Cindy Pallon

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CindyP195430236
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Greensboro-Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Cindy,

She indeed does a fantastic job so thank you for taking the time to recognize her great work. We appreciate your review and work hard to try to provide a similar experience for all of our guests! I'm happy to see that you enjoyed the rest of your stay as well and we hope that you'll stay in our hotel again the next time you're in Greensboro!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The front desk attendant the first day of my stay was amazing. However, the day of checkout, the staff at the front desk was horsing around. There were 3-4 employees standing around discussing personal business instead of working. In addition, at 9:00am the eggs were completely gone and were not replenished prior to my departure at 9:30am. The refrigerator containing the milk was lukewarm and the Orange Juice was completely out. I was not impressed with this facility at all and won't be staying here again.

2  Thank Amanda H
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Greensboro-Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Amanda H,

Thank you for your honest review of your stay at our hotel. I'd like to sincerely apologize for the service issues you faced while you were here - it is not acceptable that our breakfast and check-out staff service did not meet your expectations and I have discussed your review with the General Manager in order to prevent further issues going forward.

I do see, though, that you've rated all other aspects of your stay with 5 stars and am pleased that you enjoyed the rest of your visit. I hope that you will consider giving us another chance on your next trip to Greensboro. Thanks,

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed here one night last week because the Hilton Garden Inn next door was full. The HIE is a nice hotel. The lobby is very up-to-date, remodeled with a welcoming feel to it. My room seemed a bit dated but was clean and well maintained. The breakfast was just fine...typical of other HIE locations. The hotel is just off the interstate with easy access to restaurants and other amenities. The next night I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn next door b/c that's where all my co-workers were staying. A quick comparison of the two. Both properties were equally nice and well maintained. The HGI has larger rooms, nicer beds and offers a cooked-to-order breakfast but it does cost unless you have a certain Hilton Honors status. I didn't use it but I don't think the HIE has a fitness center, whereas the HGI does. You really can't go wrong staying at either property.

Dear Jonathan T,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are indeed recently renovated and love to show off our look to guests. While we don't have a fitness center on-site, we do offer passes to a nearby gym for a small fee, so please be sure to inquire one of our Front Desk staff about that if you're interested. Thanks again & we hope you'll stay with us again on your next trip to Greensboro!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Thank you for the great hotel stay and service. Michel, Shamalee and Alex were very welcoming to my group and made a difference. I highly recommend staying at this hotel when you are inn Greensboro. They provide your best combination of service and value!

David Isenberg

• Stayed: January 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Greensboro-Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear iamdaberg,

Thank you for writing a review, and I'm really happy to hear that your group had a great experience during your stay. Our staff works really hard to provide the best service possible so we appreciate being recognized for it. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit to our hotel!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

i am a lazy guy and this is the first reviews i wrote down for a hotel even i have been travelling lots of world and stayed in many many different hotel.

i have to say Ms.Shanalee really does great job to serve her guest in breakfirst room, she has big smile and always be happy to help.

bed is also nice, one good thing for me is smoking room is available in this hotel, keep this please and it really means a lot to smoker traveller like me.

For chinese people to travel here, you need to know that there is a chinese buffet near to the hotel, food is good and cost is around 12 doller per person.

Room Tip: breakfirst is really good many hot dishes which is very good for chinese,nice coffee as well.