“Very nice Doubletree”

Ranked #20 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Knoxville, TN
“Very nice Doubletree”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2009

The rooms are quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly. Parking is free and the lot is well lit.

The hotel's restaurant, J. Butler's, is fair: I'd say that it is on par with Ruby Tuesday or TGI Friday's--which, in my opinion, are restaurants of last resort. But, we were in town to see Britney Spears and in a hurry. We ate dinner around 4:00 PM and the service was VERY slow. There is an Olive Garden and a Hooters within 1/4 of a mile from the hotel.

One of my top priorities in life is fitness/exercise. I didn't use the hotel's fitness center because we were going to workout when we got back to our hometown, but the hotel's fitness center was descent for a hotel fitness center.

I'd definitely stay here again.

I try to review all aspects of the room, so here goes: my only complaint is that the toilets have a VERY weak flush......

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Blake R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Turkish first
Roanoke,VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2009

I choose this hotel after I couldn't get a room where I usually stay while I'm in Greensboro. At first I was a little worried because I've only had bad experiences with hotels on High Point Rd. Long story short I actually LOVED this hotel and I will definately stay there again next time I'm in Greensboro. The staff was very friendly and professional. The location is great...mall, great restaurants, and coliseum is within a short distance. My absolute favorite of this hotel was the BED!!!!!!!! OMG I wanted to take it home with me. LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT! :)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tanisha79
Columbia, S.C.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2009

I love Doubletree Hotels and have come to expect a lot from them. This one is no different from the rest of the Doubletrees. Too bad other hotel chains can't try to mimic the great value and great service of this chain. Too many good things to say for a great hotel! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Monmouth County NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel when we went to Greensboro to see a concert at the Greensboro Coliseum. We chose the hotel for its close proximity to the concert location. The check-in was efficient despite a long line and the room was nice and clean. Our only complaint was when we asked the front desk attendant if tailgating was allowed at the concert venue he said that he did not think so and directed us to the business center to find the phone number of the Greensboro Coliseum. We found out that tailgating prior to concerts is certainly allowed and we thought this was something that the desk attendant could have been more helpful in finding.
This hotel is located in a seedy area so be careful when traveling. We felt safe in the hotel yet not in the general area and the local police seemed more concerned with harassing college aged people at the pre-concert tailgate than they did with maintaining safety in the local vicinity.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NomadFerret
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2009

We attended the High Point Market and decided to stay at Doubletree Hotel at Greensboro, a small, quiet town. Although I was anxious of the fast cars (and several police cars) along the highways that sandwich the hotel, I found the hotel a peaceful haven where I could rest after a tiring day.

The front desk service was just ok. It was a bit on the slow side. But they were courteous all the same. The business facilities and hotel amenities were all spotless and in good working order. The room was spacious and made up every day.

I enjoyed the "welcome" choco-chip cookie that the hotel gives you when you first arrive. But they are more than willing to give more anyway. I didn't like the location very much although much of Greensboro is quiet anyway.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank stephenco
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a concert in Greensboro. We booked a King, smoking room and got exactly what we wanted. The hotel is right down the street from the Coliseum and the hotel had a shuttle that came and picked us up and dropped us off at the concert. It was $10 per person. The hotel staff was very friendly and even let us order room service after they stopped serving. Overall, this was one of the nicer doubletree hotels that we have stayed in.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LuckyCharm09
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

Stopped here on an overnight between the Northeast and Atlanta. Hotel was clean and recently remodeled; linnens and furnishings looked fresh and new. Friendly service, with the usual Doubletree amenities (cookies!). One downside - when we were checking out, it looked like a car had been broken into overnight in the parking lot. Didn't get the full story, so I can't say if this is a frequent issue.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple