“Excellent Hotel, Excellent Staff”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro
Ranked #22 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
South Carolina
“Excellent Hotel, Excellent Staff”
Reviewed April 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a concert in Greensboro. We booked a King, smoking room and got exactly what we wanted. The hotel is right down the street from the Coliseum and the hotel had a shuttle that came and picked us up and dropped us off at the concert. It was $10 per person. The hotel staff was very friendly and even let us order room service after they stopped serving. Overall, this was one of the nicer doubletree hotels that we have stayed in.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LuckyCharm09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Turkish first
Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 23, 2009

Stopped here on an overnight between the Northeast and Atlanta. Hotel was clean and recently remodeled; linnens and furnishings looked fresh and new. Friendly service, with the usual Doubletree amenities (cookies!). One downside - when we were checking out, it looked like a car had been broken into overnight in the parking lot. Didn't get the full story, so I can't say if this is a frequent issue.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 4, 2009

I am no big fan of Greensboro and the hotels their always leave something to be desired. I have stayed in several including the opulent but dated Grandover. The Doubletree was a breath of fresh air. Firstly you get a nice warm cookie on arrival (though I saved mine for breakfast as due to landing gear issues we did not land until well after midnight and I had to be up at 6am for a business meeting). The bed was as nice as home and the bedding was very comfortable. The staff was great and I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for cleanliness also. I am a clean-freak bordering on obsessive compulsive and even the finest hotels I find fault with, this one past MY test which says a lot!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Florida
Reviewed November 13, 2008

I booked three conferences at your Hotel. One in May, 2008, July 2008 and October 2008. Your staff exceeded our expectations. The rooms were very clean and service was provided on a timely basis. The Front Desk personnel are customer oriented, friendly and very proficient in their jobs. Your Banquet Department was simply excellent, the food was very delicious and served in a timely fashion, the servers were very good. Your Sales Manager, Laura Graham is very knowledgeable, value-added and excellent to work with. She is indeed an asset to your most luxury property.

Thank you for serving our group. On a scale of 1 to 10, I rate you a 15+.

George W. Ward
Convention Coordinator

Stayed October 2008
NE Ohio
Reviewed September 4, 2008

We stayed here one night on our way to Myrtle Beach. What a nice hotel. It was clear the property was recently updated. Everything was new and very clean. Loved the flat screen TV. The bed was so comfortable, I didn't want to leave. We ate dinner in the restaurant attached to the hotel. It was wonderful and our server Paul was vey nice to our 4 1/2 year old. He kept bringing him extra cookies. I recommend this hotel to anybody!

• Liked — Very clean and updated
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed September 3, 2008

Stayed one night on business last week. It is something about this hotel is not right. It is not up to Doubletree standards in my book.
The elevator is so small I could hardly get in it. Also the area it is in is very unsafe, pay attention when outside. The A/C was on the wet side the room seemed to be moist.
I just did not get the feeling I was in a Doubletree property.
I should know I am a Hilton Diamond.

• Liked — bed was ok.
  • Disliked — slow ethernet in the rooms
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Biddeford, Maine
Reviewed August 24, 2008

My mother and I stayed here for a night when I was moving down for school, and we were pleasantly surprised by all the renovations. I remember seeing this hotel before it was a Doubletree, and the new lobby looked fantastic. The bright colors and decorations were especially welcoming.

Check-in was smooth, and the cookie was delicious! Our room was also nicely renovated and the color scheme was bright and pleasant. The shower amenities were also nicer than some I've seen, especially the face wash.

We didn't take advantage of any features offered by the hotel, but it certainly served its purpose as a comfortable, welcoming place to rest our heads. I have another reservation for May and am looking forward to returning.

• Stayed August 2008