“Doubletree by Hilton, Greensboro”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro
Ranked #25 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
“Doubletree by Hilton, Greensboro”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Nice, clean rooms. Attentive staff. Decent room service. Good breakfast buffet (additional charge, not included in basic room rate, but there are a couple of special rates that include breakfast for guests).q

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank safe77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I recently stayed at this Doubletree while on business. I found my stay at the hotel to be a very pleasant experience. When I returned from my trip, I realized that I inadvertently left 3 expensive shirts in the closet. I called the hotel and spoke to a woman on staff. She was absolutely amazing to work with. She displayed a real sense of ownership. She immediately recovered my items and had them FedExed to me right away. She seemed genuinely concerned despite the fact that it was clearly my mistake. So refreshing today to find someone so professional and dedicated to customer service. I'll definitely stay at this Doubletree again.

• Stayed May 2013
DTManager, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy that our team member owned the opportunity to serve our guest, you! Please visit us again soon.
Lynchburg, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great location. Nice rooms. Comfortable beds. Smoking available. Bar prices very reasonable. Windows actually open for FRESH air! Close to malls and all types of restaurants and bars. Checked in early with no problem. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Situated on High Point Road and Route 40, the Doubletree is easy to find (with a couple of little turns) and well located to High Point, Winston-Salem and Greensboro. You're also between Raleigh and Charlotte, so pretty good overall location. You'll need a car, as public transportation seems nil. However, there is ample, free parking and a gas station next door. Easy for a last minute fill-up before heading back to the airport. It's also across the street from Four Seasons mall, which is convenient should you be missing some essential or just want to do a bit of shopping. Despite its name, this mall bears no relation to the Four Seasons hotel. It has basic stores (it is anchored by Dillards, Belk and JCP) and lots of teenagers. Still, if you need socks or a shirt, it's handy.

The hotel:
It's feeling a bit dated, although it's not that old. The large, sweeping lobby could feel off-putting except for the "Welcome to the Doubletree!" that came from the front desk as soon as I entered the space. That remained consistent; every person I came across was very friendly. (Kudos to assistant manager Kevin, who gave some good directions and told me about the Dillards outlet!)
As a matter of fact, the staff made up for a fair number of shortcomings. (see below) A variety of newspapers in the morning is a nice touch.

The room:
Modern-esque decor. Pretty much corporate. It could stand an update to brighter, cleaner designs. Key is that it was clean and decently laid out. HVAC worked well, lighting was okay. NO wireless! This seemed way out of sync and needs to be addressed. There was wired access but at the end of the day, we're not sitting at our desks.

The bathroom:
Nice sized room, decent lighting, shower was good and hot water was immediate. Nothing special beyond that.

Extras, or not:
Coffee maker in room - Why isn't tea replenished when the room is made up? The coffee is. We tea drinkers get the short-shrift. (granted, they would have eagerly replaced it had I asked, but I shouldn't have to do that.)
Wireless - have to say again, "No WIFI?" It just seems out of sync nowadays.
Gym - decent for an "on the road" workout
Restaurant/bar - nice that there is one onsite. Only visited for breakfast, which was good. Again, great staff, eager to please.

The thoughts:
All in all a nice property that needs a lift, in both design and technology. The staff made the stay quite pleasant.

Room Tip: There are no suites, but the hotel will accommodate high HiltonHonors guests with upper level rooms...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry for the condition of our property and for the inconveniences you endured during your stay. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The Doubletree is convenient - was there for High Point Market and it worked well to get to a from there. Room was clean (although air freshener made it smell like a French brothel) and staff I interacted with was pleasant. Adjoining restaurant was not good however and service there was pitiful.

Lack of in-room Wi-Fi is a huge negative. C'mon, it is 2013 and not all devices have Ethernet ports (none of the 4 devices I had with me did!) and this made my stay there less than productive.

I make the trip to the area twice a year, for 3-4 day stays, and will be looking for other accomodations next time.

• Stayed April 2013
Riverview
Reviewed April 24, 2013

we had several issues with our room, which the hotel took care of: toilet seat was loose, air didn't work, refrigerator (which I paid extra for) had dried grape jelly in the bottom and when you opened the door you had to lean it back, and both beds had stains on the sheets. The hotel repaired these items, except I did have to ask for another refrigerator, the employee leaned the frig back to open the door and cleaned the jelly and leaned it back again to close the door and was going to leave, so I had to ask could you please bring another refrigerator. We left for dinner and when we returned we wanted to see what the tv channels were, the guide had oil stains, the outlet next to my bed didn't work so I could charge my cell phone, and shower head dripped (so we kept the bathroom door closed so we didn't have to hear it). The desk chair sat lobsided. Problems kept compiling and we didn't report the new findings because I didn't want it to seem like I was a complainer, but we won't stay a this particular Doubletree again. We LOVE Doubletree, just not this one. I almost forgot the best one, my daughter went to use the soap to wash her hands and it was Best Western soap (I took a picture of it, because I couldn't believe it).

Room Tip: Very close to the Collesium and the Greensboro Theater, but there are other hotels just as close.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karen J
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was an avertage hotel. Can't complain or give it rave reviews. It was a clean hotel to sleep in, food was alright, gym normal and its easy to get to. I found the elevators were very slow, espically since I was on the 12th floor. I would recommend staying across the street at the new Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: The elevators take forever.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business