“Double Tree stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro
Ranked #21 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Watch out for the slippery tubs. They are like ice. And by the way, there is no ice in the ice machines. And when you tell them you fell in the tub, they don't even have a form to fill out. All they are willing to do is call 911. Also, they never sent or gave me a bill. And there were peanuts on the floor.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
DTManager, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We will work with our maintenance and housekeeping teams to ensure that we correct the issues mentioned. We again apologize and hope that next time you’re in the area; you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our checkin was good and all was well until our shower wouldn't drain. It took service over an hour to get there and made me and my husband late for dinner. Internet was ok just no wifi we had to use ethernet cable. Breakfast was WAY too expensive and parking was very limited. Beds were nice and our stay was overall decent. The price for our two night stay was 285 and to me very steep considering.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
DTManager, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your honest review of your recent stay with us. At our hotel, we like to provide a personalized experience for each of our guests, but also look for ways to keep costs low while providing comfort and convenience. We appreciate your feedback and we’ll keep it in mind as we work to make our services better. However, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you and your husband endured while staying with us. We hope to have another chance at providing an exceptional hotel stay to both of you in the future.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I am a huge fan of Doubletrees (and especially the warm cookies upon arrival) so when I was planning to return to Greensboro for NC A&T's homecoming I urged my friends to all book at the Doubletree. I am typically very satisfied with Hilton hotels and their service but not this time.
- After our first night we were awakened at 8am by a fire alarm. My foot is currently broken so I hobbled down 9 flights of stairs outside where there was no hotel staff to direct us. Once returning inside we weren't provided an explanation and when I complained about this inconvenience I was told by the sales manager that he did not have the authority to do anything for the customers (despite the fire being caused by a microwave).
- We did not receive a cookie when we arrived (I understand it was a busy weekend but this is the doubletree trademark!)
- The front desk staff were not personable, did not greet us upon arrival and were rude at check out (again I understand that it was a busy weekend but I am a silver status member and expect a little more)
- Housekeeping came by and when we requested they come back at a later time (as we were getting dressed), she requested we provide her our dirty towels. We heard this and thought this meant she was going to go ahead and give us new/clean towels..not the case and then we had to wait awhile for her to return with clean towels. What is the point of taking our towels and not providing replacements?
This hotel was in a great location but due to issues noted above I'll be staying at a Marriott when I"m next in town.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
DTManager, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for all the inconveniences that you endured. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you and your party. will consider giving us another chance.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Greeted with a smile and a warm cookie. Nothing better then that. The room was big and clean. The bathroom was also big and clean, with big fluffy towels.Ice machine was broke on my floor, but all you had to do was make a phone call to the front desk and the ice came right up to your room by a guest repesentive

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
DTManager, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy you chose our hotel and hope that you will choose us again.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The front desk gave out my room key.. very inappropiate.. and then denied it after they knew they were wrong..spoke with the person they gave the room key and asked how did they get in my room. Per them the front desk gave me your room key.. I voice a complaint spoke with the Mgr Chad and Crystal and of course they denied it happen. They have the video but never owned up to them having a problem at the front desk..

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for posting your feedback and please accept our sincere apologies. We take all comments we receive from our guests very seriously and your suggestions will help us improve guest safety at our property. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If we can help in any way, please feel free to contact us.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Hotel was clean and comfortable and service was good. No wireless in the rooms
(only ethernet connection) which my computer and iPad couldn't work with which was
disappointing. Food in restaurant was not spectacular but fine and a good value.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for posting your comments about your hotel stay. We thank you for your time and I will share your experience with our team. Come back and see again soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Terrible service at the front desk. I had called hours before and the front desk confirmed 2 rooms for me and a late night checkin. When I got there, the kids that I was chaperoning went to sleep in one room while I spent 2 hours at the front desk trying to figure out where my 2nd room reservation disappeared to. They "pretended" to keep working on the problem and stalled for hours. They were unapologetic, took no responsibility for the "lost" reservation, had no concern that I already had children in the building and that leaving was not an option, took no responsibility that one of their staff just hours before confirmed the 2 rooms for me. They insisted I step aside for other people checking in and got iritated with me because I wouldn't just leave. It was almost 11:30pm, I had children in the building sleeping at that point, I was unfamiliar with the area and a woman traveling alone. Not even an offer to help me find another hotel. Had a friend make another reservation for the same hotel online which did work and gave me a confirmation number, and they just deleted the reservation on the computer right in front of me! They would not even give me a room if someone didn't show up for their reservation. I had leave my children there, go out in a strange city late at night and hope that I didn't get robbed or assaulted while I roamed around a strange city looking for another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay and again we apologize for the inconveniences. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area; you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.