“Very nice stay”

Ranked #23 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
new york
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Hotel was clean and comfortable and service was good. No wireless in the rooms
(only ethernet connection) which my computer and iPad couldn't work with which was
disappointing. Food in restaurant was not spectacular but fine and a good value.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DTManager, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for posting your comments about your hotel stay. We thank you for your time and I will share your experience with our team. Come back and see again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Terrible service at the front desk. I had called hours before and the front desk confirmed 2 rooms for me and a late night checkin. When I got there, the kids that I was chaperoning went to sleep in one room while I spent 2 hours at the front desk trying to figure out where my 2nd room reservation disappeared to. They "pretended" to keep working on the problem and stalled for hours. They were unapologetic, took no responsibility for the "lost" reservation, had no concern that I already had children in the building and that leaving was not an option, took no responsibility that one of their staff just hours before confirmed the 2 rooms for me. They insisted I step aside for other people checking in and got iritated with me because I wouldn't just leave. It was almost 11:30pm, I had children in the building sleeping at that point, I was unfamiliar with the area and a woman traveling alone. Not even an offer to help me find another hotel. Had a friend make another reservation for the same hotel online which did work and gave me a confirmation number, and they just deleted the reservation on the computer right in front of me! They would not even give me a room if someone didn't show up for their reservation. I had leave my children there, go out in a strange city late at night and hope that I didn't get robbed or assaulted while I roamed around a strange city looking for another hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay and again we apologize for the inconveniences. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area; you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Location was good, rooms were very comfortable, but not having wireless access in the rooms was a HUGE inconvenience. Do they expect every guest traveling with an IPad, Tablet, Smart Phone to all congregate in the lobby to get a signal? Amenities such as buffet breakfast and pool (small - better called an oversized hot tub), were less than expected compared to most hotels in this class range.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary S
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Had the pleasure of again staying at Doubletree when in Greensboro, NC. The hotel is very nice, located amidst just about every kind of restaurant you can think of ranging from a walk across the street to a 5 minute drive. Rooms were spacious and clean and the staff, all friendly and accommodating. Dining is offered at the attached J. Butler's Bar & Grill, which I would rate average while very convenient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Grand Island, Florida
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This property has the potential to be excellent but during my stay I encountered too many issues to over look and since my last several Hilton brand stays have been less than great it didn't help and made it hard to overlook the little things.

I arrived late, after midnight, and when I entered the room I was hit with a blast of heat. The heater was on and it was about 85 degree in the room! Not exactly a comfortable temperature in a room. It was late, I was beat and didn't feel like moving anymore for the day. The next thing I noticed was the bathroom was less than clean. Again, tired and didn't feel like dealing with it.

The following morning after getting less than a few hours of sleep I went down for breakfast and the best word to describe the quality of breakfast is...well, there isn't one because there wasn't any quality.. Their standard powered egg mix was runny, bacon was fatty and under cooked, sausage had an odd flavor and was barely microwaved, biscuits were hard and cold, and they were out of certain items because "their truck hadn't arrived yet" based on the servers statement. The second and third morning wasn't much of improvement.

Because of a very hectic work schedule, I opted for room service at night and it was decent but overpriced as with any hotel. The chicken quesadilla was very good.

After I returned from work, at around 3:45pm, when I entered the room I noticed I did receive any housekeeping services that day. There was no "do not disturbed" sign left on my door, no letter under the door explaining why, and simply no services rendered.

Now, I expressed my issues and spoke with, I believe her name was Crystal, who was the General Manager. I explained everything I had experienced and she was very apologetic and said she would look into the issues I had a little further. She also took off the charges for my first night of the stay. I appreciated her listening and attempting to correct the issues.

It is a nice property and has a good location, if I didn't experience the issues I did I would have easily given it five stars.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DTManager, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our property during your stay in our area. We are very sorry for the problems you encountered. We have fixed heater issues and have addressed the other issues with our housekeepers. We’re glad in some small way that we could remedy your stay. We hope that you give us another opportunity for a better experience.
-Crystal Bonaparte, General Manager
NJ
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Comfortable bed. Was told no wireless in room despite some stray signals. But really do they expect us to use our iPads in the lounge? very inconvenient. No newspapers on Sunday. Breakfast buffet in restaurant nothing to write home about. Should have hit the waffle house down the road

Stayed September 2012
DTManager, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
We appreciate your feedback on the Internet service at our hotel. We’re sorry for the inconvenience and are currently addressing this issue with our service provider. Thank you for providing feedback from your stay and we hope you’ll consider staying with us again when your travels bring you back to the area.
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The front desk couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating in taking care of our large group there for a wedding weekend! Nice rooms, great rate! Very friendly service. We had an excellent stay! Would definitely recommend!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
It is so wonderful to hear comments like this. We strive to make sure that all of our guests have an experience like yours. Please stay with us again soon. Thank you!