“No in-room Wi-Fi?!?”

Ranked #25 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Orlando, Florida
“No in-room Wi-Fi?!?”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Absolutely unacceptable for a Doubletree by Hilton to have no in-room wi-fi. On this fact alone I recommend staying elsewhere. Also note that the wired internet is too slow to stream video (ie Netflix) without delays. Agree with numerous other reviewers that the elevators are fairly slow. Parking is poorly located well away from main entrance. My experience at check-in took far longer than at a typical Hilton property. Workout facility is a strong point. Two treadmills, cross trainer and a bike, also have weights all in an uncrowded room. Rooms are spacious and clean -- but what good is space when you are tethered to the desk to use the internet?

Overall a surprisingly poor experience at a hotel I cannot recommend.

Room Tip: Lower floors due to slow elevators
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GoGetemTiger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2012

While a little older, the room I had was nice and modern enough. I wish there were more elevators as one was broken when I got there (fixed the next day though). Plus, the elevators were slow. The parking was a little frustrating as I arrived during rain and had to walk from the back of the hotel where the only parking was available. The front desk staff members were friendly. Overall, it was a nice property with good staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
holmes beach, fl
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Having stayed in several hotels , many Hilton or Marriott, this wasnt my favorite. The room felt dated and the small elevator servicing 12 floors was very slow. The bed was comfortable. We stayed at this hotel because on google maps it showed the Coliseum was .2 miles from the hotel. Turned out it was 1 1/2 miles away . Not really walkable.
We ate at their restaurant and although the food was good, service was slow.
Probably wont choose this hotel next trip.

Room Tip: Higher floor is best.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mayrealtor
Raeford, North Carolina
Reviewed July 27, 2012

After checking Trip Advisor for a place for our family of 5 to stay we chose the DoubleTree and I am so glad we did. This hotel is in a very convenient location, near a good amount of restaurants and the Four Seasons small is right down the street. We took a trip to the Zoo which is about a 20-30 minute drive!. Now to the room, we had 2 double beds, flat screen television, and a nice sized bathroom. we requested a high floor, so we got the 6th floor, the beds were so comfy, and pillows were nice and fluffy. the room was VERY clean, I even walked without my socks a few times, and I didn't feel the need to use my own linens lol, I am very very picky about where my family stays and this fit our needs and we really enjoyed our 3 days here. There is a bar and grill connected to the hotel, and you can order room service, the food is pretty pricey but I still tried it just so I could give a fair review, it was pretty good! one of the elevators was out of order so we had to wait a few minutes to go up really minor, My son enjoyed swimming in the pool in which he mostly had to himself, and my husband enjoyed the gym while we stayed as well, we stayed from July 22nd-July 25th and the staff when we checked it gave us a run down of the hotel and gave us warm cookies as well they were awesome(the staff and the cookies) Now to my 2 complaints which are minor I suppose, I wont take away a star for them, but our kids loved the cookies so much we went down and purchased a tin of them(6 cookies) the next day we went down to purchase them again and the young man said you don't have to buy them, you get them free as long as you stay, it would be best if you just buy some when u check out, I am just wondering why the other gentleman didn't tell us that instead of charging us for the cookies, my last complaint was the internet, while we were grateful for the wireless internet my 2 year old loves Netflix and it would drop off a couple times a hour and sometimes, we couldn't get anything to load or stream but we enjoyed our stay either way, will def stay at this hotel whenever we decide to go back to Greensboro, for a mini vacation, We got the military discount on our room, this was a great stay before my husband deploys, we thank the staff and the cleaning team for the great service you provided!!!!!

Room Tip: Get a high floor to look at a little bit of the city at night!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Armywifenmomof3
lumberton
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This was an awesome stay. Checked in no problem, no wait, warm cookie given to me at checkout. The room was beautiful and very spacious. Great price. I didn't use the pool or the exercise room, but I did take a look at the facility. Both appeared very clean, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Wilmington
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Not just incompetent at check- in, but lacking basic social skills. It was the insensitivity of the two desk clerks that caused them to be so distracted that they failed to complete the check in procedure. Meaning, their "system" showed my room as "vacant" even when I was calling from the room! And, they couldn't figure out that they had made a mistake (as opposed to, what explanation for the call? A ghost was using the room?) waited one and a half hours for exceptionally greasy food. Hallway was so hot (no a/c in the hallway) that the ice in the ice machine was water.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Abuelitadecarlis
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The dining, pool, accomodations, and staff were excellent! I definitely recommend this hotel for a getaway. Area attractions are a bit limited, but the hotel itself is spectacular.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple