“Centrally Located to Convention Ctr and Coliseum”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro
Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Having stayed in several hotels , many Hilton or Marriott, this wasnt my favorite. The room felt dated and the small elevator servicing 12 floors was very slow. The bed was comfortable. We stayed at this hotel because on google maps it showed the Coliseum was .2 miles from the hotel. Turned out it was 1 1/2 miles away . Not really walkable.
We ate at their restaurant and although the food was good, service was slow.
Probably wont choose this hotel next trip.

Room Tip: Higher floor is best.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mayrealtor
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro

Reviewed July 27, 2012

After checking Trip Advisor for a place for our family of 5 to stay we chose the DoubleTree and I am so glad we did. This hotel is in a very convenient location, near a good amount of restaurants and the Four Seasons small is right down the street. We took a trip to the Zoo which is about a 20-30 minute drive!. Now to the room, we had 2 double beds, flat screen television, and a nice sized bathroom. we requested a high floor, so we got the 6th floor, the beds were so comfy, and pillows were nice and fluffy. the room was VERY clean, I even walked without my socks a few times, and I didn't feel the need to use my own linens lol, I am very very picky about where my family stays and this fit our needs and we really enjoyed our 3 days here. There is a bar and grill connected to the hotel, and you can order room service, the food is pretty pricey but I still tried it just so I could give a fair review, it was pretty good! one of the elevators was out of order so we had to wait a few minutes to go up really minor, My son enjoyed swimming in the pool in which he mostly had to himself, and my husband enjoyed the gym while we stayed as well, we stayed from July 22nd-July 25th and the staff when we checked it gave us a run down of the hotel and gave us warm cookies as well they were awesome(the staff and the cookies) Now to my 2 complaints which are minor I suppose, I wont take away a star for them, but our kids loved the cookies so much we went down and purchased a tin of them(6 cookies) the next day we went down to purchase them again and the young man said you don't have to buy them, you get them free as long as you stay, it would be best if you just buy some when u check out, I am just wondering why the other gentleman didn't tell us that instead of charging us for the cookies, my last complaint was the internet, while we were grateful for the wireless internet my 2 year old loves Netflix and it would drop off a couple times a hour and sometimes, we couldn't get anything to load or stream but we enjoyed our stay either way, will def stay at this hotel whenever we decide to go back to Greensboro, for a mini vacation, We got the military discount on our room, this was a great stay before my husband deploys, we thank the staff and the cleaning team for the great service you provided!!!!!

Room Tip: Get a high floor to look at a little bit of the city at night!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Armywifenmomof3
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This was an awesome stay. Checked in no problem, no wait, warm cookie given to me at checkout. The room was beautiful and very spacious. Great price. I didn't use the pool or the exercise room, but I did take a look at the facility. Both appeared very clean, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Not just incompetent at check- in, but lacking basic social skills. It was the insensitivity of the two desk clerks that caused them to be so distracted that they failed to complete the check in procedure. Meaning, their "system" showed my room as "vacant" even when I was calling from the room! And, they couldn't figure out that they had made a mistake (as opposed to, what explanation for the call? A ghost was using the room?) waited one and a half hours for exceptionally greasy food. Hallway was so hot (no a/c in the hallway) that the ice in the ice machine was water.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Abuelitadecarlis
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The dining, pool, accomodations, and staff were excellent! I definitely recommend this hotel for a getaway. Area attractions are a bit limited, but the hotel itself is spectacular.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The room was very clean. All of the staff was very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I had a good experience with the desk associate and the wait staff. I had a couple of issues with my bill and the overall representation of the Hilton brand by the apparently non-existent management. I wanted to have a business meeting and utilize one of the conference rooms during my stay, and was told "No, the manager in charge of that is not here.". So I asked to speak with another manager, and was told that NO MANAGERS were in the building. WHAT? What kind of business runs without managers? Not only did I not get the conference room I needed (we went to another hotel and paid $1000 that could have gone to DoubleTree) but I never received a phone call from a manager with an apology or anything of the sort! Horrible business practice for a Hilton brand hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012