“Better service at a Super 8”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro
Ranked #21 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Scottsville, VA
“Better service at a Super 8”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

My family got in late at night and checked in. We parked, unloaded our things only to find that the key cards had not been activated! We had to lug all of our luggage back to reception to have the keys activated. The vending machines were only located on certain floors and the person at reception told us the wrong floors. We rode the elevators after midnight trying to find something to drink! There was no in-room wireless at all so my iPad didn't work. The shampoo and conditioner bottles in the room were half empty, which is just disgusting. We asked for extra towels only to be told that there were no extra towels available. There were also no extra blankets or pillows in the room and when I called and asked for extra, I had to argue with the staff member about whether there were any in the closet. The staff was surly. Overall, I was very displeased and certainly will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Turkish first
Gainesville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

The Housekeeping staff and Maintenance staff went out of their way to be helpful in every way. My ten day stay was very comfortable...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

The front desk staff both at check-in and check-out were great, and room service was quick delicious and great staff as well.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
ChadBaker, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Thank you for your comments about our property. Our goal is to provide great customer service to each guest. I will pass on your knid comments to the entire team and J. Butlers Restaurant. We hope to see you back in the near future.
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

Stayed here with my family for New Year's Eve. We got a great rate and were really pleased with the lovely rooms. Check in was very easy and we each got a yummy warm cookie. I was concerned that our room was right next to the elevator. Knowing it was New Year's Eve, I expected a lot of noise overnight, but we didn't hear a thing. Overall, the hotel exceeded our expectations for the price we paid ($75/night).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Great to hear you enjoyed New Years in Greensboro this year. I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed our signature DoubleTree chocolate chip cookies with walnuts. Thank you for your kind comments and the entire appreciates you choosing our property to celebrate.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

No in-room wireless, so iPads and iPhones must operate on the sketchy 3G available in the area.

The hotel is average at best and I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank edwardaberg
We are currently working to get a wireless network throughout our entire hotel. In the meantime we do offer wireless in the lobby, restaurant, and all meeting rooms. We will continue to make changes to better serve our guests.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Stayed on New years eve 2011. Great rate. J Butlers restaurant next door was very good and reasonably priced. Highly recommend if in the Greensboro area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
ChadBaker, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
I am gald to hear you brought in the New Year at our hotel. We are very nicely located off I-40 and the restaurant J. Butlers provides a very convienient location to dine for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Mars Hill, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

I stayed at the Greensboro DoubleTree for one night to break up a long trip to Raleigh at Christmas. The location is excellent, right next to I-40, with easy return access. The public areas are comfortable and attractive. The lobby is a soaring, light-filled space that leads invitingly to Reception. There I was fortunate to be greeted by Chad, who was courteous and prompt. I didn't know at the time that he was the assistant manager, but now I can see how, under his supervision, the other members of the staff are professional and efficient. (I suspect that he must also work for a good manager!) The room I was assigned was more spacious than I have come to expect from Hilton properties in general, so that was a welcome surprise. It was also attractively furnished. I must also commend Tanya who was on duty when I checked out. I might mention as well that I was treated with attentive patience in the restaurant; not all servers are as courteous to solo travelers as those at J. Butlers were. In short, I have found a new layover spot on my trips to the Triangle, and if I ever have need to stay longer in Greensboro, it will be at the DoubleTree.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo