“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #59 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed January 13, 2009

My wife and I were traveling to Raleigh, NC with our dog and needed a pet-friendly hotel (reasonably priced) for one night in Greensboro. After checking out the different sites (Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, etc.), I thought I found a nice hotel, at a fair price. Though pets were allowed, no mention was made regarding price. Instead of booking online, I decided to call the discount provider and get clarification regarding price for a pet. I was shocked that the fee for our dog (a 4 pound Chihuahua) was $75.....almost what the room itself cost!! I said "no thanks" and searched again. This time, I found The Quality Inn and Suites on Cedar Park Rd. When we arrived, we were blown away by the hotel. It was newly painted, when we opened the room door, it smelled clean, it WAS clean, a good bed, just terrific. The continental breakfast was very adequate, and the staff polite and helpful. We've stayed at pet-friendly hotels in the past that were dirty and in need of some TLC, but this place was excellent. We would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Liked — Clean room and buildings
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2008

We were looking for a place to say & it looked ok from the road. Went in & booked a room. The room was so shabby looking that we went back to the desk & checked out. As we looked around we saw noone else there--looked like a ghost town!
Yucky and kinda scarey. Stay away!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vatofla

Travelers are raving about these Greensboro hotels

Williamsburg, VA
Reviewed June 28, 2008

ok..so for the price I wasn't expecting much, but the pictures did not represent the place very well.

Upon arrival our room was ok...bathroom still had hair on the floor. The rooms are old and dingy. I never saw the "redone" rooms they talked about on the website.

We are workout people, so we always book a hotel with a gym. We thought we were smart at first, the pictures looked nice and there was nowhere safe to run outside. well...the gym had one extremely old walking thing that resembled a treadmill...but wasn't safe for running. The bike was completely broken and the seat fell all the way to the lowest setting when anyone got on. There was no other cardio equipment (I guess the photographer was good with the use of mirrors)

THe one lifting station was so old it could have possibly injured anyone who tried to use it.

I tried to get wireless and was unsuccessful for all but about 10 minutes. When I went to the front desk, they told me to try to access the wireless from the hotel next door (i don't think that is what the hotel meant by "free Wireless").

The pool was actually OK, but is was extremely small and had lots of kids running around without supervision. It is also not too relaxing to lay out with grounds workers staring the girls in bikinis, while they weed wack right near the pool

The almost comical part is the soda machines, they take your money, but you only get Mountain Dew regardless of what button you push,

This is a bad location for a hotel if you want to actually eat or go out for a drink without driving. There was nothing anywhere close by...not to mention there was a racing motorcycle convention all weekend so there was loud music and revving engines at all hours...totally ignored by the staff

I would recommend a happy hour, small bar, or evening snack area to the staff.. If you need to stay in this location, spend the few extra dollars and stay in the holiday inn express next door. I snuck in to take a peek and it was fantastic.

• Liked — free breakfast
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank cmaulicin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensboro
Hampton Inn Greensboro East
Quality Inn & Suites Coliseum
Quality Inn & Suites Coliseum
#47 of 76 in Greensboro
Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum

Been to Greensboro East Motel? Share your experiences!