“Great Stay!”

Ranked #38 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Fayetteville
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

While traveling, stopped in for one night stay. Reasonable rate, good location, and great customer service. Mr. McKivett at the front desk made sure we had everything we needed for a great night't rest. Thank you.

Room Tip: Our room faced the back parking lot and we could not hear the highway at all.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Fascinateu:
Thank you very much for your kind remarks and identifying one of our associates for great service. It is truly pleasing to hear that we have taken care of our guests to their complete satisfaction. Thanks again and we hope to see you back in Greensboro soon.
Mitch High, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip. I'll break down pros and cons:

Pros: staff was super friendly and genuinely cared about my stay. This was true from the front desk to management to the cleaning staff. All were great.

Shout to my boi Jay who was awesome from the way he first greeted me to forming a bond with me as a customer and just genuinely making the stay better because of his great attitude and customer focus.

Bed was pretty nice. Enjoyed sleepy time.

Cons: I want to give a disclaimer and say I think it was just a rough week for this place, and because of the staff I would consider going back here to stay.

First room smelled. The front desk guy came right up and agreed. We came up with a description involving a dirty diapey crossed with iodine and natural gas. Either way I got a new non stinky room within 5 minutes so the service was great.

They ran out of laundry detergent. Now I hate doing laundry in hotels but sometimes ya gotta. The front desk dude was apologetic and super nice about it but I said "don't sweat it broski I'll get some at Target" ...fast forward a few hours I return after a successful trip to target after procuring my detergent only to find...a washer out of order sign on their washing machine--womp womp. Oh well, the lady who seemed to be a manager was super nice and got me directions to a nearby laundromat.

Vending machine broke on my floor. I was on the 4th floor way in the back so I had to walk (I am lazy. This is america) down to the first floor lobby where they got this little store be selling Gatorade's and snackiez and what not....well they ran out of cold wah-wah. However my faithful bro Jay to the rescue once again hooked me up with a room temp water free of charge.

Guess those really aren't that bad of things I am just being picky.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank judthestudo2
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear judthestudo2:
Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to review our hotel. Indeed we had several missteps that were not large, but enough to make one's day more difficult than necessary.. Please accept my apology for the difficulties you had. I assure you we will address those issues and do better the next time you stay. Thanks so much for your input.
Sunset Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Jay and Dave were two of the best in customer service I have ever met! We stayed here so we could use the shuttle to the airport not realizing it did not run on Sunday. Jay called a taxi for us when we found this out--at no charge to us! When I tried to print our boarding pass and could not, Dave volunteered to do it for me! I have never met two nicer guys and they always had smiles on their faces and seemed so eager to help. Each time we saw them, they asked "can we help you with anything". We will definitely stay here anytme we use the Greensboro airport. Our grandson loved the recently refinished outdoor pool as well! Thank you guys for making our stay so enjoyable! You deserve an award!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear beachmimi11:
Thank you so much for your rave reviews about Jay and Dave, what a team. We certainly appreciate your kind thoughts and wonderful rating. We hope to see you and again, and hopefully your grandson will get to use the pool again.
Thanks once again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Lobby is new and very clean. Front desk staff is good and very friendly. Rooms are fair to poor. Gym seems to have been updated but equipment has not. Two of the three treadmills were not working. Restaurant was horrible. Bar service the first night was lousy. Bartender was focused more on her phone than being friendly to the guests. The next morning was the worst hotel restaurant experience I have ever had. Horrible service, horrible food!!! The worst part was the manager hid in the back instead of coming out and rectifying the situation.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank cgreg97
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Cgreg97:
I was so disappointed at the service you received during your stay. I would wish we could have the opportunity to make things right before you left, however it seemed those intentions didn't come to volition. Please accept my sincere apologies and I know that your words have touched each and everyone of us at the hotel. Thank you for the time you took to recount your stay experience with us.

Cordially,
Mitch High
GM
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

The Holiday Inn was very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. The lobby appears to have been recently remodeled. This is a nice hotel for a short stay or a week long trip. I would definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Sheila C:
Thank you so much for your four star rating of our hotel. We are certainly pleased you had a pleasant stay and have hopes you will come back and visit us once again.

Mitch High GM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Hotel is lovely- looks updated. Room was great, spacious. Carpet looks a little worn but bed was incredibly comfortable & bathroom was a nice size. Jay at the front desk checked us in & is the most memorable part of our stay! He was incredibly personable, chatted with us & thanked us for my husband's military service. Our experience at the bar for dinner & restaurant for breakfast was just so-so both times. Convenient to have on site especially as we were traveling with a dog & didn't want to go far but the bartender in the evening was very standoffish, more concerned with her phone than the customers and even though we were there well before closing she seemed put out by us. Food was great for breakfast but service a little slow as the dining room waitress also was the room service server. The cook actually came and got us coffee and took our order. A little unconventional for sure!

• Stayed May 2014
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear AMS1221:
Thank you for your excellent rating. I also wanted to thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences at my hotel. Please rest assured all of your concerns are ours, and will be addressed. Jay will be mentioned in our meetings and we will share your comments and congratulate him on a job well done.
Thanks again.
Sincerelly,
Mitch High GM
hamptonroads
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was worried when we arrived in a stinky supposedly non-smoking 2 bed room, but pleasantly surprised when they accommodated us with 2 rooms with King beds that were really non-smoking at no additional charge. It was a bit noisy, but our rooms were by the pool entrance. Overall great experience...would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Hey Kikinit:
Thanks for staying at our hotel, and many thanks for the excellent review. I know the kids were a bit rowdy that weekend, but then it was soccer weekend in town. We tried our very best to keep the noise down, but then again they were having a great time.
Thanks so much for your five star rating. We certainly appreciate your business.
Cordially,