“Business Trip Gone Well”

Greensboro-High Point Marriott Airport
Ranked #11 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while visiting our sister company in Trinity, NC. I arrived late and was pleasantly surprised to see a hopping restaurant filled with people. I grabbed a table and answered some email while waiting on my food to arrive. The restaurant was not typical of a hotel as there was a good selection of food and it was on my table within 15 minutes. Additionally, it was really good.

The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. I received a greeting everytime I walked in. I also ordered room service by leaving the card on my door for breakfast. Meal arrived on time, to order, and hot, very well done.

The hotel appears to be out of the way but quickly found that being at a number of crossing interstates and highways made it easy to get where I was going quickly.

Overall rating - Excellent!

Room Tip: There is not a whole lot to look at around this hotel, so I would assume that most of the rooms have...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 20, 2013

First of all the location is great if you have a late night arrival or early morning departure. You can practically walk to the terminals within about 10 minutes. But other than that I think my experience was ruined by : 1. You have to pay for wireless Internet. I am a Marriott Rewards member and have stayed in quite a few of their hotels this year, but this one was the first on that charged for Internet access. 2. The guy working at the restaurant was so rude. We went downstairs to get some breakfast and asked him for a table, but he just ignored us. After asking 3 times he finally said, give me a moment! Then he just stood there. (It was late morning so he wasn't busy). Then we were like OK we will wait, but 15 minutes passed by he never got us a table. We asked him about the buffet and he said OK and then ignored us (I know it sounds ridiculous but that's exactly what happened.) Went to the buffet station, but food looked horrible - just some scrambled eggs (empty) sausage ( empty) and 80% of the other food containers were empty as well. Apparently nobody cared at this restaurant. So we decided to leave. 3. Asked front desk guy how to use the airport shuttle. He stared at me like I was from another planet.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank superkathy
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Greensboro's Airport Marriott is always my first stop when return to Greensboro and my last stop before I leave again. I live out of the country and the flights I take to return home usually arrive in Greensboro late at night. A quick shuttle ride down to the hotel, a quick check-in process, hot shower and off to bed to sleep off 20+ hours of travel time.

I always look forward to the breakfasts as my first taste of American food back on American soil. The entire staff at this hotel makes me feel welcome every time.

I also stay there my last night in town for an early morning flight out. So the Airport Marriott is perfectly located for me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side, away from the airport noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We recently have been to this hotel as a sleep over for our daughter’s swim meet. The experience was average. The hotel is in isolated area with absolutely nothing around except for airport runway. So if you are thinking of eating out please think twice. The staff is very good and extremely helpful. Due to heavy discount offered at the week end you will see lot of unusual guests and bar scene. Pool and Gym faculties were average and I have seen the gym door remains open reducing the coolness and quietness it requires. Also i have seen kids playing with equipment in gym and I have seen staff passing by and not advising them. One parent I have seen allowing a very small kid to do heavy rod pull-down exercise and he was so close to his chin that if he would have let go the rod it would have dismantled his jaw bone. The rooms and bathrooms are small and clumsy. Mind well I was on concierge floor. We ate at the restaurant at this hotel. It was not pricy. The server was very nice and took our order on time. But she forgot to put in order in system and we were waiting for 30 minutes, the kids were very hungry after swim meet. On complaining finally they told me that they forgot to put the order in system and also told me that there have been no shows in the kitchen. They brought some breads and chips for kids and finally we got our food after 50 minutes. The quality of food was good in general. They said the order is on house, which was a consolation for us. The morning breakfast story was almost the same with slow service. I had to console my kids as they were very hungry as they had a long day ahead for the swim meet. Not sure how to rate this considering the staff and giving them grace mark for an odd day I would rate them average. But there is no point in spending too much money to stay at this hotel.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The good points: it was clean, the staff was friendly, it is on airport property, and they offer free park and ride.

The bad points: the bed was very hard. Breakfast is not served until 7:00?? It is an airport location, why not earlier? The restaurant was extremely noisy. We asked to be moved away from the bar and they seated us first under an air conditioner vent that was blasting cold air. Then they moved us near a family that had three kids. The kind of family where everyone talks at the same time and the loudest person gets heard. The waitress brought our food and then pretty much forgot about us. It took about 20 minutes to get our check. Also, for some reason it seemed to be redneck night. Lots of folks with sleeveless shirts and ball caps with the sunglasses perched on top. Yes, I know Marriott can't control their clientele, but dang! So, how do I rate the motel?? I will go with average over all.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel is way overpriced for the experience. The room we stayed in was attached to the indoor pool, and reeked of chlorine. The room service and food were great, though. I really wish they could have accommodated us with a better rate.

Room Tip: Ask not to be in a room attached to the pool, or you will have to breathe chlorine fumes.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Very nice hotel. Super clean, excellent and friendly desk staff. They pointed out several nearby restaurants and gave us coupons to use for the one we selected. It was close to many locations that we needed to go to the next day. The building was very quiet. It was a pleasant stay and we look forward to staying there on future trips.