“Clean and convenient!”

Greensboro-High Point Marriott Airport
Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Very clean and recently updated facility literally across the road from the airport. We stayed here because of a concert at the coliseum but were not aware how far away from the city it was. It still was not a bad drive into the coliseum area. It was a short trip and a nice night of rest! Would come back again if needed!

Room Tip: Did not hear any of the planes during the night...would assume any room would be fine.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Spring Break 2013. The hotel is very nice, clean and friendly. Located just at the Airport. They even allow you to leave a car on their premises free for a week. Have a shuttle to drop you to your gate. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was at the Greensboro Marriott-Airport for one night for a convention meeting. It has been a while since I last stayed there, and the hotel appears to be an older property based on the external architecture. However, the interior of the hotel is updated, clean and a very nice place!

I was upgraded to an executive king suite, which is basically a corner/end room that is larger than the norm. I found it to be very nice - great amenities, current decor, and overall very comfortable.

I can't say enough about the front desk staff - I found every one of them to be genuine, friendly, and outgoing - I felt very welcome from the time I first walked in the door, to the time I left the hotel

Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank StevenVA
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was stuck at this hotel due to a flight cancellation, so I didn't have high expectations as my past experience with airline vouchered hotels hasn't been great. HOWEVER, I was pleasantly surprised. I was greeted at the door and my bag was carried for me. The desk staff was friendly and explained amenities well. I had dinner in the restaurant and while my food was nothing fancy, the service was great and the manager was even helping pick up and straighten tables (and not because they were short staffed!) It appeared that everyone took pride in where they worked and had great attitudes.

Just a quick overnight stay, but I was very happy and would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have just returned from a business trip to the USA. The hotel service was great and all the staff were very keen to help. Everybody was helpfull and made sure mt stay was as comfortable as possible.Being a Brit abroad has it's advantages, people are very interested in what I had to say and went out of there way to help me.The room was spotlessly clean and tidy every day and the grill where we ate in the morning and sometimes at night was excellent. My only critisism was the in room telephone system, it was non responsive and when I lifted the reciever sometimes I got a dial tone and sometimes not,also the dialling codes printed on the body of the phone just did not bear any resemblence to what code eventually put me through to the U.K. it was very frustrating.

Room Tip: the rooms are all good, just check with reception about the teelphones.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stay at a lot of marriotts, we're platinum members. This is probably the worst I've stayed at. Check was friendly I guess but nothing special, bellman were useless, not entirely sure what the point of the two of them being here is, don't open door, don't offer to help with bags, didn't come out to valet the car ( not sure if that's an option). I worked a summer as a bellman at a marriott resort so I know what the standard should be. There was someone else's hair in the bathtub, mold in the shower, bathroom is tiny,the rooms are ok but nothing special.
The pool is ok, but there was white trash making out/ dry humping ( if that's possible in water ) in the hot tub, an employee saw them at least twice and said nothing ( there were young kids in the attached pool ) .this hotel is cheap on Priceline ($50) so it obviously attracts people that might be more at home in a super 8 or sleeping in the back of their car.
We were given a list of local restaurants, many of which are spelt incorrectly.
I'm not sure what other hotels are in the area, but if you pay more than $50-60 for this one you're paying too much.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AC999
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is by far the closest hotel to the airport. If you need to be near the airport, this is the place.

Everything is nice. Lobby is small, staff was ok but not real friendly.

I like the room as well. There just was nothing special here at this Marriott. Maybe because the lobby was so small it did not feel like a typical Marriott.

The shuttle almost left me because they did not communicate properly where to pick it up.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo