“Some good, some bad parts. And they charge for Internet”

Greensboro-High Point Marriott Airport
Ranked #15 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersSilver level
Birmingham, Alabama
“Some good, some bad parts. And they charge for Internet”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The view one has of an airport hotel is based on the hotel itself, but coloured by the degree of tiredness and degree of need of a warm welcome on arrival.

The good parts - rooms are clean, pool and gym are nice, reception staff welcoming and friendly. Easy access from the airport. Very friendly staff.

The bad parts - charge for Internet, ridiculous charge for breakfast, and the breakfast staff will prevent you from taking food to your room, and the bar is not really a nice place to spend the evening.

Overall I stay here for the convenience, not the experience. It is ok, and that is about the best one can say about it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Teaneck, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This was not my first stay at this hotel.Nice hotel, very comfortable and clean rooms. The beds are excellent. Service is very good. Convenient location if you are on business trips. Didn't experience any of the issues I see other people had. I

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Kingsville, MD
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have stayed at this property before. Just last week I was on the 5th floor for two nights and did not experience any of the issues that others have. The room was very clean and well appointed. The room was dead silent to sleep in - good choice in room. If you make a left from the elevator and grab a room on the right, it will be silent. The air was brisk, so I had to keep moving the thermostat up.

The staff was the best that I have encountered. My initial encounter was with Yvette Wesley who promised me that the crab cake dinner was great - knowing that I am from Maryland. Dinner was good enough that I had exactly the same dinner both evenings. My server - Grace - took excellent care of me for dinner and Anthony the executive chef made a point to stop by the table knowing that a Marylander was ordering crab cakes. He is great. Brian Hall - the hotel manager was also very gracious and helpful.

Normally I would not call out names, but everything was so outstanding that they need to be recognized, and I hope that Marriott reads this. On future trips to the area, I cannot imagine staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: great place!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

I am on the 5th floor right now and my room smells of mold. I remember this smell from hotel in Dakar Senegal. I thought for a second that I just need to turn air on but it's still here.

Something else that's important to tell... Old coffee pots. Actually stuck in the closet. I can't stand when a renovated hotel had old coffee pots.

Otherwise a very nice hotel, nice staff, bath and body toiletries, and awesome beds. Hotel is two minute drive from terminal.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank FlyMom10
TN
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My family of 4 (2 adults and 2 older teenagers) stayed at this hotel for one night. When we arrived at the room later in the evening, the room felt stuffy so we turned down the A.C. to try to cool it off. However, this did not seem to help and we were too exhausted from traveling to stay up and complain. The next morning, I complained to the front desk about the A.C. not working. The lady informed me that she could not adjust our bill because we had booked online. They did not seem sorry that we had spent an uncomfortable evening, but finally offered us two breakfast vouchers . . . for my family of 4. I guess I could have spent the $35 for 2 more vouchers to eat breakfast there, but I passed and suggest you do too!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
atlanta
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed here two nights. I picked the airport hotel because it was close to the airport and just didn't want the hassle of going into town. Well this place far exceeded my expectation and is not your usual airport hotel. It is great. The rooms are nice. The restaurant is wonderful, The front desk is helpful, and it is super easy to get to the airport. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The thermostat is set to polar mode when you check in. turn the temperature up or your wife wife wi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Reviewed July 9, 2012

You know, for whatever reason this combination is hard to come by. Even though I am normally a Hilton customer, I ended up needing a room at 1 in the morning, and this is the closest hotel to the airport.
The front desk staff solved an issue that had been created by the Marriott res team, MEL was particularly helpful.
Rooms are clean, and bathrooms are well-stocked (but small). As a non premium Marriott member, I would have had to pay for internet, but that's what iPhone personal hotspot is for!
Not only would I return, I would send employees from many of the places where I have stayed in the past for training here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family