“Very nice hotel - Excellent Service!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport
Ranked #11 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed March 6, 2011

This is a very nice Embassy property that has all the nice 'perks' that Embassy offers. Nice room size, and nice rooms overall. Their fitness center was recently remodeled, and has some nice machines to use. They have a restaurant and a bar (where you can order a meal), which are nice perks on top of the Manager's Reception and breakfast. But I was most impressed with the professionalism and service of the staff. My bag was stuck in a plane in Charlotte due to ice and airport closure. The staff was very helpful in providing me personal items for my overnight stay, while I waited for my bag. They were also very helpful in providing directions on where to go for additional clothes. I've stayed at this property several times and will continue to return as they do a nice job maintaining the property.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Stan86

Reviewed December 13, 2010

This was the first time I had stayed at an Embassy Suites Hotel. Our company has their Christmas party at this hotel every year and this year we decided to get a room and stay overnight. The staff was very courteous and friendly. The room was clean and very comfortable. I read the review about the noise from the interstate. We didn't hear any noise from the highway. I have a feeling that maybe this person is super sensitive to noise. If anything you may hear an occasional plane as the airport is close by but this to me is a plus if you have a plane to catch.

The cooked to order breakfast was delicious and there were plenty of options to choose from. I was impressed by the number of staff that greeted us and asked if they could get us anything. I went up to the omelet bar just to get the hot syrup for my french toast sticks and the chef spoke to me, asked me how I was doing this morning and told me to have a great day (genuinely).

We are planning to reserve a room for New Year's Eve since we had such a good experience with the Greensboro location. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. My appreciation to the staff for their dedication to guest comfort. I hope these employees are recognized by management for their efforts and great service.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandbox1964
Reviewed December 10, 2010

This hotel feels like home away from home. The staff are so nice, and with awesome southern charm and manners. SO NICE to have a REAL breakfast and eggs cooked to order! LOVE the managers happy hour!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank daisy20071960
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Even though the hotel was crowded when we arrived, the employees on duty were very efficient, and we were able to check in without waiting. Our two room suite was clean, spacious and nicely decorated. There was an extra sink and vanity in the bedroom which was very convenient. The bedroom and living room both had flat screen TVs. However, as seems to be the case in all other Embassy Suites that we’ve stayed at, there wasn’t much choice in TV channels. The business center, located off the lobby, had two computers and printers. The fitness center had treadmills, an exercise bike, and free weights. There was also an indoor pool, which we didn’t use. Breakfast was complimentary and consisted of hot and cold items. Hot dishes, like eggs and pancakes, were cooked to order, and the rest was self serve. Since the hotel is near a highway, we did hear the sound of traffic passing by. It’s also located close to the airport, but we didn’t hear any noise from there.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2010

This Embassy was just what we needed after a long drive. We usually stay at Hamptons while traveling, but on our way to the beach with two tired kids we decided to pull off the highway and give the Embassy a try. Boy, are we glad we did. First of all, the front desk staff was very accomodating and gave us a great rate considering our late arrival. The interior was very nice and my three year old loved all the fountains. Our room was well appointed and for once I did not have to call down for extra towels or pillows. The bathroom was also clean and had a good caulk job around the tub, free of mildew ( bad caulk and mildew is a huge pet peeve of mine in hotels. How hard is it to do the job right?)
We dreaded loading the kids back up to go out for dinner so we were relieved to find out they had room service. Not only that, it was prompt, delicious, and affordable as far as room service goes. We left too early to sample their free breakfast, but would have liked to if we'd had more time.
This hotel is near the airport and highway, but we never noticed the noise as it is very well sound proofed. I almost wished we could have stayed longer and if we ever pass through Greensboro again, I plan on making this the hotel where we stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2010

We stayed here on our way to Lexington NC to pick up an equipment trailer. Found the hotel in the process of using points from my credit card. Booked the corner king suite. This was by far the nicest hotel we've ever stayed at. Loved the second tv & extra sink. We were given tickets for drinks at the managers party from 6-8 so took advantage of those. Enjoyed the lobby & atrium. Overall, a fantastic hotel--I'd have liked to stay longer.
Didn't do the breakfast buffet or make use of the pool.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2010

We stayed at Embassy Suites Greensboro, NC on our way home from Outer Banks, NC. We got the room though a bid on priceline and couldn't have been happier! Don't listen to previous reviews, all places have "bad eggs" working for them. This is one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in (in a looonnngg time!) The beds were extremely comfortable, they provided a crib for our infant and our toddler slept on the sleeper sofa. Bathroom was a little small, but nice and clean. The room itself was HUGE with 2 flat screen T.V.s. Breakfast was the cherry on top! They have a full buffet of hot breakfast items; scrambled eggs, sausage biscuits with gravy, potatoes, a full aray of fruits, a made to order Omlet station (they do pancakes there too) and donuts/pastries/oatmeal. It was quite the spread for a complimentary breakfast. If we're ever going through Greensboro again, this is where we'll stay!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family