“Very Average, Air Conditioning is Awful”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport
Ranked #15 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I have stayed here numerous times and it is an okay hotel. It is pretty outdated but they have been making improvements. The rooms have been upgraded and that have made improvements. Breakfast is great but my biggest problem is the air is always so bad. The rooms can be very hot and difficult to cool. They also charge for internet unless you are a diamond member which can stink. The internet is very average but they have a great business center. Food in the bar/restaurant is beyond overpriced. Hotel still needs a ton of improvements.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed June 29, 2010

I have always enjoyed the Embassy Suite's because of it's structure the inside, the way it is built is just pure eye candy! I really love the way you can see all the way up to the top floor! The Embassy Hotel offers a clean room to stay in, a clean bathroom - which is such a big thing for me - and friendly service. They also offer a complimentary hot breakfast, they give a wide variety of foods and it is pretty decent if you ask me. The Embassy is not top notch, but it serves it's purpose for your stay at Greensboro, whether it be for the night or a week, I do recommend the Embassy to other people.

Trust me! SimplyPut 6

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We decided to drive up and stay here last minute to attend a local graduation. We called and were able to get a room... it was the last room with 2 beds, we were told. Bedding was nice - very comfy, room was clean, breakfast was just ok... (it was included). Only damper on the stay was a spot in the floor that was damp and remained damp. I would say this is an average stay hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Hotel has the standard Embassy features - manager's reception and breakfast. The property has quick access to GSO, about 10 minutes. The hotel was clearly renovated recently, and the rooms are very well done - I had a corner room (suite?), which was huge. Minor gripe, that the HD TVs had no HD channels. (Embassy's like to give you 2 TVs - 1 per room - but has you pay a small fee for internet if you're not HH Gold/Diamond). Also, the hotel gets a B grade (passable) for noise insulation between rooms; it seems that newer hotels do a better job at this. However, in general, this is definitely my hotel of choice the night before flights out of GSO, but I would also recommend for business in the immediate area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2010

Was very pleased with this hotel. Staff was friendly, room was great and beds were comfortable. Didn't hear any noise from the nearby airport. Complimentary breakfast and evening reception were nice as well.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The location, service and amenities are great. The staff are helpful and respectful.
The space is clean and supplied well.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed August 28, 2009

We were pleased with this hotel. It appears to be an older hotel located in a semi-industrial and office area just off Interstate 40 West in Greensboro. The Piedmont-Triad Airport is nearby. We spent one night at the hotel while enroute to a vacation resort. Check-in was fast and efficient. When I made the online reservation I asked for a high floor away from the elevators. The front desk agent verified the request at check-in and assigned us a room meeting those specifications. I mention this because I usually have to remind desk agents of my room request so I was pleasantly surprised when the agent asked me first. The room appeared to have been recently renovated. The carpet looked new, or fairly new, and the furniture was missing the usual scratches, dents and stains. The room had an older analog television which was a disappointment.. When we returned from dinner our room was very warm and it was obvious the air conditioning was not working. A call to the front desk resulted in a maintenance technician appearing at our door in less than five minutes. He quickly repaired the AC unit but told us that it may take up to 45 minutes to an hour for the room to cool down. If that was not acceptable he offered to call the front desk and have us moved to another room. We declined the move to another room but were impressed by his candor and willingness to make the arrangements. The public areas of the hotel were equally as nice except for the atrim which is showing its age and is in need of renovation. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant since we were not familiar with the area. The restaurant was another pleasant surprise. Our order was prepared quickly, presented well and the food was excellent. This restaurant definitely ranks several steps above your typical hotel restaurant. Breakfast was the usual Embassy Suites buffet - nicely done but it could stand a few more food selections. We would definitely stay in this hotel again but we would ask for a room near the front of the hotel to escape the noise from the traffic on Interstate 40. The noise was not excessive but light sleepers might find it to be a problem. Be careful exiting Interstate 40 to get to the hotel. The entrance to the office area where the hotel is located is just a very short distance from the exit ramp and you must cross four lanes of traffic to get to the stoplight to turn left into the office complex.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple