“Great Stay! Everything was great!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport
Ranked #12 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Greensboro, United States
“Great Stay! Everything was great!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay! Staff was very helpful and very friendly! Breakfast was awesome and the food was fresh and hot! Rooms were very clean and housekeeping was on point with the service. Room service was great!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Christopher,

Thank you for allowing us to be a stop on your travels, and for taking a moment to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate the awesome review. Thank you for all of the compliments. I look foward to sharing your comments with our team, and to the next opportunity to have you back at our hotel.

Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was my first experience staying at an Embassy Suites, just passing through for a one-night stay. Overall I was satisfied. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and, despite the window facing the interstate, it was quiet. And I too liked all the sinks all over the place! And two TV's is pretty nice.

I do have a couple of issues with my stay however--one major and one minor. The major complaint I have is that I'd adjust the thermostat, but it did not seem to have an effect on the actual temperature in the bedroom. Luckily, it was still a temperature I could sleep in, just not as cool as I prefer. I had to remove all but the thin sheet on the bed to make it work for me. A previous comment on tripadvisor from the hotel management a week before my stay proves they are aware of this issue and apparently trying to fix it. My question would thus be why weren't they aware that my room had this problem, and if they were aware, why was it offered to me? This is probably not an issue I should be facing when deciding to spend the money to stay at an Embassy Suites. Based on my review and the previous review mentioning this problem, I would caution the traveller to check that their thermostat is working before settling in for the night.

The minor issue is just that the place is a little outdated. The couch in the front room is quite uncomfortable, and the general decor and furnishings are in need of replacement and updating. The TV could probably be a little bigger.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Joe D,

We appreciate the wonderful compliments on cleanliness and comfort. We also appreciate the feedback on opportunities, and know that we have implemented a serious of programs to help us with your comments on the thermostat. They are proving to be successful and appreciate your help. We are also addressing the updating of certain items.

Sweden
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Good hotel, nice service, good breakfast, easy check-inn and check out.

Only one minor thing, the closet in my room did not have a door knop on the inside, so you would not get out of the closet if you got in it, e.g. a kid.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Dr PJ,

Greensboro, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel is very nice - pretty and clean with large suites. However, they scheduled a wedding in the middle of the lobby at the same time our motorcycle club convention was taking place, which I'm sure was a huge distraction for the wedding party and their guests, as hundreds of us milled around, talking and greeting each other as the couple said their vows IN THE MAIN LOBBY AREA. Really strange. And the common areas were always too warm, especially with so many of use socializing in the lobby, the bar and other common areas. This could have easily been resolved by turning up the air conditioning, but it never happended. Finally, dinner was 20 minutes or so late for our evening event and when it arrived the veggies and beef were both undercooked (veggies were still crunchy and much of the beef was rare). Breakfast was good though and the staff friendly and courteous. They just need someone paying attention to the details, including their scheduling of events.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Denise,

Thank you for allowing us to be your choice for the convention, and for taking a moment to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate all of the compliments on cleanliness, and condition. We also appreciate your notes on opportunities. I recall that night, as it was very busy. We received great feedback from the wedding as they had a great experience. With your feedback, we were able to adjust the temp on the inside, and it feels comfortable. We have also reviewed the temp process on the steaks, as with that many people, and the particular cut, we will do a better job in communicating the limitations on temperature preference. Thank you for the opportunity to address that.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I was there for a 3-day conference. The best hotel room I have used so far. 3 sinks in the room! Service and food was great.
I was such in a hurry on the last day, I planned to go back to the room before leaving but forgot to after the morning session. I forgot to leave a tip! I realized later in the evening and called to inform them that I am supposed to have checked out. I gave my room number, she said it''s OK, not to worry. I said I feel so bad, I have not left a tip! She said that is OK too. It's really not OK for the housekeeper but Ill make up for it next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Loellal,

We appreciate you making us a part of your conference, and taking a moment to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for such a thorough evaluation and all of the kind words. I look forward to sharing your words with our team, and to the next opportunity your travels lead you back to our hotel.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

replace all air conditioners in suite .they are old and inadequate.rooms are stifling hot and its hard to sleep. only one working ice machine ,someone should be fired for that. If you are paying top dollar you should expect a lot better for your money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Robert,

We appreciate you, and your family, making us a stop on your travels, and taking a moment to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for the feedback on airconditioning. We are at the end of the process of replacing some AC units and am sorry you didn't experience a comfortable temperature. The ice machines are an item we are addressing. We do have (1) that is down, and it seems (2) more failed while youwere here. We have a lot of success with our service score & product. If you and your family are back in town, please stop by the front desk, and ask for me.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Hotel location is convenient to I-40, but not noisy. Easy drive to airport, colessium, large selection of newer restaurants and stores within 4-5 miles of hotel on High Point Rd. Breakfast had a large variety of food choices.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Alleenem,

We appreciate you making us a stop on your travels with your family, and taking a moment to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

Glad we were a good choice for your needs. I look forward to sharing your words with our team, and to the next opportunity your travels lead you back to our hotel.