“Great place to stay night before early morning flight”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport
Ranked #11 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Very pleasant suprise at the beauty and tasteful decor. There was an evening reception which was very nice with drinks and finger foods. The rooms were very comfortable, beautifully decorated and comfortable. The pool area was indoor and nice. The hottub was hot, but the high jets were broken. Not as big a deal as the aggravation of hearing another patron complaining about it the whole time we were in it. He was really just trying to get a reduction on his bill. A shame, the management actually dealt with it very professionally. I was impress with that as well. The have a shuttle service which is also a plus.

Room Tip: All room are excellent, there is 2 sides of the hotel that border the Intersate. There is some road...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Jean,

Thank you for making a stop on your travels, and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate all of your kind words. We look forward to sharing your feedback with our team, especially your mention of how they handled the noted situation.

We look forward to the next opportunity your travels lead you back to our hotel.

Thanks,

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I needed somewhere to stay when the storm came.. they rebook me with no problem. all the staff were excellent. The breakfast was good and the cocktails where excellent. The heat wasn't strong enough but that was okay.. it was my first time at the Embassy and I really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: March 2014
JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Misslady,

Thank you for making us your choice during the recent storm. We were glad that we could be there during these dificult times. We appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience with us. I look foward to sharing your feedback with our teams, and to the next opportunity your travels lead you back to our hotel.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

This was a very nice hotel. The suites had two rooms, a living room with couch, chairs, coffee table, and mini kitchen, and a bedroom with all the perks. Two televisions with a door to close made it very nice for someone to sleep and someone to stay up. The breakfast was great, made to order omelets, and full breakfast bar. Evening cocktails and wonderful cheese and snacks. The exercise room was nice, one tread mill was broken, there was an indoor pool as well. We had lunch there at the restaurant and the food was delicious, if very slow to arrive. All in all I would stay there again.

Dear Jennifer,

We appreciate you making us a stop on your travels, and appreciate you taking a moment to share all these wonderful comments on Trip Advisor. Thank you for being so discriptive on how we were a good fit for your stay.
I will share your comments with our team, and look forward to the next opportunity your travels lead you to our hotel.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I thought the facility was great in appearance, rooms were very clean and inviting, heat adequate, everything was on point. The overall staff were courteous, helpful and wanted to please. The environment was calming, the dining areas were lovely, and nicely decorated. However, the accommodations I recieved were not what I expected. I would perhaps encourage others to make this a must to visit, in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Angela,

Thank you for making us a stop on your travels, and for taking a moment to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all the wonderfu feedback. I look forward to sharing your words with our teams & staff. We also look forward to the next opportunity your travels lead you to our hotel. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me, to ensure your accommodation are what you expect.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I had a good experience when I stayed. Only problems I had; I needed a bigger room, so I asked for a handicap room. Hotel staff met my accommodations immediately. I did have a problem with my heating/air. It was extremely hot in my room and I complained 2 times to the staff. No one came to check but overall the stay was good. Evening reception and breakfast was excellent!

Dear Laquita,

Thank you so much for making us a stop on your travels. We also appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience with us. We are glad it was a good experience. We are sorry about the intial situations, but are glad you were accommodated quickly.

I look forward to sharing your comments with our team, and the next opportunity we have to have you with us again.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I asked for a 2 room suite and I needed to check in around Noon, which I was informed would not be an issue when I made my reservation. When I arrived at 12:30PM, I was rudely advised the rooms would not be available until 3PM. Once I did get my room it ended up being a parlor suite which is not what I had asked for and thought I reserved the 2 room suite. The indoor pool was cold and our kids could not even enjoy. We waited to be seated at the restaurant for 30 minutes before even acknowledged by the staff only to be told that it would be another 40 minutes before we could be waited on. There were only 5 tables seated at the time. We wanted to enjoy a nice drink at the bar which was suppose to open at 4PM. The bar did not open until late due to the bartender arriving later.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear David,

Thank you for making us a stop on your travels, and for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback, as it presents an opportunity to see how we could improve our commitments delivery, and communication.

We apologize for the inconvenience in the dining room, as this was a challenging time for us with the recent storms and power outages. We experienced heavier volumes & other challenges due to the conditions. We appreciate you letting us know, as it presents an opportunity to communicate differently the situation, as at the same time the wait was in the dining room, Suite Service was experiencing heavier volumes than normal.

If your travels lead you back to our area, please contact me. We would love the opportunity to recover.

Assistant General Manager & Food & Beverage Director
josh.rubio@jqh.com

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Despite the inclement weather, the staff were very professional, and the hotel was very kept. The meals were hot, and served in a timely manner. The service was very swift and professional. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Michelle,

Thank you so much for making us a stop on your travels, and for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We are appreciative of your kind words. It was a tough time with the consequences of the weather, including staff not being able to make it to work.

We look forward to sharing your words with our team, and to the next opportunity your travels lead you back to our hotel.