“Good Hotel Choicel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport
Ranked #11 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed May 24, 2008

Stayed here for a wedding recently and was very happy with the hotel. The rooms are great and very clean. Since it was my sone and I traveling the two room set up was perfect for us. Breakfast and a evening reception are included in the price of your room. The reception is a couple alcholic drinks per guest and some chip like snacks. The breakfast is great. They have anything you could want included cooked to order omelets, pancakes, waffles, etc. We also ate in the restaurant one evening and found it to be very good. The menu was limited and not inexpensive but quite nice. Pool on the premise seemed to be quite popular. As with any Embassy Suite rooms facing the atrium can be a bit noisy in the front room of the suite. We were on the top floor and although my son said he could hear some noise, in the bedroom I heard nothing.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed May 14, 2008

I stayed here on business for 5 nights. I am a frequent traveler and this Embassy Suites met all of my expectations based on other Embassy Suites I've stayed in around the country. Known for their hot, complimentary breakfasts, this ES did not disappoint. I only went to the complimentary Manager's Reception once, and largely because Yuengling was the only beer option when I went. Can't complain too much about that though - it's free, so it's your choice.

The fitness room was a pleasant surprise. For some reason, Travelocity indicated there was no fitness room available. I go to the gym regularly and was able to do most of my normal workout using the machines there (with a little creativity).

The rooms were fine. Having the refrigerator and microwave on a 5-day business trip was a big plus. The hotel's location puts it just minutes away from a lot of dining options, and if you're flying in/out of the Greensboro airport, it's very convenient to that as well.

The one unusual event was some severe weather (including a tornado) knocked out the power to the hotel Thursday night and the power stayed out through my checkout on Friday. There was backup power to the atrium area and one of the elevators, but there was no power in the rooms. The backlight on my Blackberry came in very handy. None of this was the hotel's fault - I think they did as much as they could for us guests - just the first time that's happened to me in a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2008

What a weekend. There were pre-teens running rampant throughout the hotel, screaming and yelling to each other. You couldn't take the elevator without stopping at each floor because they were pushing all the buttons. Hotel management was no where to be found. We called twice to discuss the problem but the hotel management never call us back. This was the first time we stayed at this hotel and the last. We normally stay at the Marriott High Point but decided to try somewhere else. We will be going back to the Marriott, it's much nicer and they really take care of you.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2008

We where there Feb 2 Saturday for a flight on skybus the next am you pay alot to stay here for me its a lot for one night the hotel has some issues that I have sent to customer service and emailed the hotel and not one has called or emailed me. at nearly 200 a night you should expect a few things I am not being picky here 1) Soft towels it was like drying with a piece of plastc just moves the water around 2) Toilet paper that cost the hotel more than a nickel a roll it was so cheap it had wood chunks in it 3) There is a happy hour in the lobby at 11 pm it was very loud in the rooms we had a early flight 4) They nickel and dime you I got a bottle of wine they asked me what price range I said" no more than $30 the botte cost me nearly 50 because of ther 20% this 15 % that come on I am paying nearly 200 a night here
I told the front desk when I left of these problems they looked at me like I was crazy I want to stay there again because I fly skybus but, not at that price and nickel and diming guests

The Breafast is good it should be for 200 a night

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jleetw1
Reviewed February 18, 2008

Stayed here for a weekend gateway Feb 15 -18, 2008, this hotel was very nice and clean, non-smoking. I believe the entire hotel was non-smoking as I saw people outside smoking outside. Pool area was nice a few people had oil when they entered the hot tub, which clogged the system for a litte while. Breakfast Omlette and Pancakes were excellent. I usually average 20 hotel night stays a year and I rank this property as above average, be careful that you don't miss the turn. Just North of I-40/68, close to the airport. Several restaurants and shopping centers are close to the area. Restaurant also had good wings. Manager Reception had good help all evenings.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple