“Will NEVER return!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport
Ranked #12 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have never written a negative review before.
I stayed at this hotel particular Embassy Suites years ago for a New Years celebtration and it was fine. I have stayed at a couple of other Embassy Suites in the past and always was satisified. This past spring, I stayed at this particular hotel again with my mother and two sisters for a girls night and it was horrible. We were so disappointed. The place is old and great need of renovations. The staff was indifferent. The fridge didnt cool. The carpets were nasty. The room was hot. There was some missing sheets and it took 3 calls to get them. The breakfast was not good at all, and that is one part of our stay that we have always really enjoyed but this time it was horrible. I will never, ever return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here one night as a stopping point on our drive to the beach. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The suite was very spacious and gave our family just the right amount of space to spread out after spending the entire day traveling in the car. The added bonus was the cook to order breakfast buffet. One of our children has food allergies so it was nice there were plenty of options for his meal. Definitely a step up from the normal cold buffet at other hotels. We will stay here again. No complaints.

Room Tip: I asked for a higher floor to be a little farther away from the main gathering space.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We decided to stay at the Embassy Suites on our way back to Ohio from spending the week at the beach. Upon exiting the highway, you can see the property up on the hill from the exit ramp and it was easy to find. Check in was a bit slow as there was only one clerk, (the manager) but he was extremely helpful and accommodating. The open atrium lobby is nice and not at all busy or noisy considering the size. Everything was in close proximity to the elevators and very easy to find. The elevators were fast and uncrowded, which was especially nice considering it was a Saturday night and they had a wedding party in house. The manager noticed me looking around the corner at the front desk because I was considering asking him a question but I didn't want to bother him and he actually chased me down to see what I needed.

There were 8 of us traveling together and they provided us with adjoining rooms on the 4th floor.
The rooms were very open, modern and comfortable. There are nice flat screens tv's, the bathrooms are very nice and come with nice amenities. There is plenty of space in the living room with a sofabed, extra chair, large desk and some sitting chairs. There is a mini fridge, microwave, wet bar and coffee/tea maker. We had a room with two double beds and it was spacious and clean. The beds were extremely comfortable. My only complaint with the rooms was that there was just one small, thin blanket for the sofabed, and when I called the front desk to ask for an extra comforter, I was told: "We don't usually loan comforters." and that was that. Personally, I think they should have come up with the comforter..It's little things like this that make you feel taken care of and more likely to want to return.

As far as the manager's reception, if you are even remotely hungry, make sure you don't count on this for a meal. The offering was meager. There were crackers, some sort of cream cheese dip, pretzels and veggies with ranch dressing. The bar was adequate and there was no drink limit although the bartender told me to "bring back girlfriends and make sure they have purses." I'm assuming this refers to tips?

The pool area was nice but the hot tub was small. For some reason every time we book a hotel with a hot tub, it's never working. This stay was no exception, as the jets were broken.

All in all, this was a good stay and I would recommend the property. The only things that bothered us could easily be fixed with a tweak or two.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank suezinohio
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Check in was slow, only one person working the front desk. Loved the free breakfast. Also free drinks and snacks for 2 hours the night we checked in. Was nice but crowded. Our room was spacious and clean, granite vanity and counter tops was nice. There was a big burn on our carpet and the couch looked a little dirty but otherwise we loved our room. Wifi is an additional charge.

Room Tip: We stayed lower so we could use the stairs. The elevator gets very busy around check in and in the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Embassy Suites is my favorite hotel chain because of their spacious suites, nightly manager's reception, and delicious breakfasts. The only disappointment here was the 2 drink limit I've found at all the NC locations. The hotel is conveniently located near the airport.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Embassy Suites overall, and especially in the smaller markets, have outpriced themselves relative to their value. The property is nice, but not top shelf, food is adequate but not overwhelming, and the amenities can be found at more reasonably priced hotels. I am a past fan of Embassy Suites, and have stayed in lots of locations all over the world, but I no longer consider them my first choice, and many times, not even my second choice. The managers receoption is a perk, as is the breakfast, but still not worth the price to me.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I love the staying at hilton's embassy suites chain. This is a older embassy. The service was nice but rooms need a make over. They are on the stuffy side. Clean and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011