“GREAT Service”

Courtyard Greensboro
Ranked #29 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
“GREAT Service”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The service in this Courtyard was excellent - checkin was thorough and very pleasant, checkout was equally pleaasant. The room was clean and comfortable. Towels from the previous occupants were forgotten on the back of the door and housekeeping came IMMEDIATELY to remove them, with apologies.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MagsB725
Mike R, General Manager at Courtyard Greensboro, responded to this review, September 13, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Greensboro Courtyard during your early summer trip to our area, and thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience.

I was happy to learn that you were satisfied with the cleanliness and comfort of your room and that our staff service exceeded your expectations! I have shared your comments with our entire team so that we may continue to provide an exceptional experience to our guests.

Once again, thank you again for staying with us and sharing your experience, and we hope to serve you in the future!

Mike

Michael Reynolds

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Lobby and common area are very nice. Great place to gather and watch tv or enjoy a meal from the bistro. Rooms have mostly been updated. Sink faucet is very dated compared to the other changes. Mirror above sink is set at a height benefiting a 5 foot person. No microwave in the room. However, there is one at the small market by check-in. Numerous sit down and fast food options within walking distance.

Both mornings we enjoyed watching the "mascot" duck take his swim in the pool.

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Although they will not spoil you like they do at a B&B, the staff here are excellent, and the rooms are generally quite. HINT: Try to get a room not facing West Wendover Avenue. One of my favorite things is the TV lounge in the lobby, which is great to watch sporting events and chat with fellow travelers. Craig Herberg

Room Tip: Rooms not facing West Wendover Ave are quieter.
Avondale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I've stayed at the Greensboro Marriott Courtyard a number of times on business and ... although it's not The Ritz Carlton (my favorite jewel in the Marriott crown) ... it is pleasant and clean and convenient and welcoming. This weeks happens to be Associate Appreciation Week at the hotel and (i) I was impressed that the hotel "advertised" this on their interactive service board; and (ii) the staff at this hotel DESERVES a focused level of appreciation - from management and from guests.

For me, an important measure of the quality of a hotel is the attitude/approach that its employees take with routine tasks. The folks who work here are obviously happy to have a job at a pleasant, gracious place and no matter what they may be doing (last evening, a very sweet young woman was pushing a laundry cart piled 9 feet high with linens from exiting guests. When I told her that she had my "sympathies" (since I loathe doing my own laundry) ... she chuckled, brushed-off the "sympathy" without giving it a thought and then proceeded to exhibit a pride and intensity and commitment to taking care of whatever the day housekeeping crew couldn't finish. Also, last night, the "bartender" in the hotel lobby packed me up a little "relax" package, complete with wine and glasses and ... everything about this gentleman screamed - "we are so very glad to have you hear".

Fancy? No. High-brow? No. Luxurious? No, at least not in attributes but YES in spirit!
Clean? Welcoming? Great location? All the comforts of home (including take-out/delivery menus)? A happy, hard-working staff?? YES!! YES!!! YES!!!! Well done, Greensboro Marriott! And to the tea - Happy Associate Appreciation Week - you DESERVE IT!!

Room Tip: Some first floor rooms open out to a "patio" area with tables and chairs. Although I didn...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I will preface this review by stating that I am a long-time Marriott Rewards member, and this was my initial stay at this Courtyard. If you are staying in Greenville, NC, the location of the property is very convenient to everything, and like all Courtyards I have stayed in, the value is very good. After an 8+ hour drive from central Alabama (Roll Tide!!!) we arrived after dark. The young lady at the front desk (Ashley) was quite professional & courteous, while at the same time way beyond friendly - the check-in process was very smooth. After placing our bags in the clean, quiet room, we went back to the lobby for a bite to eat. A kind gentleman (Derrick) was in the Bistro and took care of our meal and drinks. He too displayed an exceptionally courteous, friendly attitude. During our stay, the housekeeping staff was competent & courteous. The entire 3-night stay was superb. I don't have one negative comment, & I won't stay anywhere else in Greenville.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lumberton, North Carolina
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here with the family while coming to visit the science center. The property itself is easy to get to and parking is not a problem. The front desk staff is nice but the only issue I had with them is that I asked for an extra towel and they said someone would bring one to me and nobody ever did. The employee at the bistro however made up for that and was really nice and attentive. As for the room, the water pressure in the shower was terrible. I ended up having to stay in there longer due to the lack of pressure. Not sure if this is isolated to the room we had or the entire place hence the 3 rating rather than less. There are plenty of restaurants near the property which makes the location really good. I probably would consider staying here next time while in the area but I would also consider other options.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Mike R, General Manager at Courtyard Greensboro, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Greensboro Courtyard during your recent trip to the Natural Science Center, and thank you for providing feedback about your experience with us! I was pleased to read that you found our location convenient and our staff to be friendly. However, I was disappointed that our front desk team failed to follow up on your request for extra towels and that the water pressure in your bathroom was unsatisfactory. I apologize for these issues, and I have shared your feedback with our team so that we can continue to improve our service and product. Our engineering team is investigting your report of low water pressure. Thank you again for staying and responding, and I hope you will consider our hotel for your next trip to Greensboro!
Edgewood, Maryland, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was my first trip to the Triad in 20 years. We came down to see my Alma Mater HPU. The young lady behind the desk was graduating from there and she was super nice. The hotel was right there in Downtown Greensboro and only 15 minutes from the College. Super amenities, great places to eat around the hotel including one of my favorites Cracker Barrel. The only negative was on Saturday, no one came in to our room to make the bed, or pick up the pile of wet towels on the bathroom floor and give us new ones.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple