“Good for quick layover”

Ranked #29 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Good for quick layover”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We crashed overnight here on a trip from New Jersey to Atlanta. It's very convenient location wise, being right off of I-85. Also, there are lots of places around to eat. They only had a king room available (we didn't have reservations), but it had a pull out sofa for the kids, which was adequate for a one night stay. It's a few bucks more than some of the other hotels along the route, but it was worth it in my opinion for the Marriott quality.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Carneys Point, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Location: Great location right off the highway in a very well stocked area of retail stores and with-in walking distance of places to eat. There are many other ‘big name’ hotels in the same area.

Appearance: Clean and well kept in the lobby but as you go deeper in the age of this hotel shows. It is one of the older hotels in the area.

Counter Service: Very friendly and quick. No problem.

General Up-Keep: The newly updated sections are very well kept. Other areas show some wear, but not excessive.

Workout room: Did not use. But did jump in the hot tub to relieve some sore muscles. Hot Tub is kind of located in and odd ‘pass-though’ area connecting the two sides of the hotel in the back. Peaked into the workout room and again, just an older area of the hotel.

Room: The room was in good shape and not a lot of wear. One thing I am not a big fan of at Courtyard hotels is the size of the room. Most hotels in this price range area suite and have plenty of room to move around. I am not a large person, but with the coffee table you almost trip over yourself moving around. Bathroom is plenty large enough.

Overall Report: I bought this room through Priceline and buy rooms here on a regular basis, never bidding more than $60 a night, I get this Courtyard every time. There are other hotels in the area that are much newer and the prices are higher. I have stayed at a few of them and they are nicer even with a lower star rating. When staying here I normally travel over to the newer part of Greensboro as it is more ‘hip’. I have never had bad service or a bad stay here and there is plenty of places to eat near the hotel. The hotel also has a bar and serves food. Good place for a night, but most likely staying a full week would get to me. I was a little upset they took away the FREE coffee in the lobby and you have buy coffee at the bar.

Would I stay here again: Yes

Would I bring my family: Yes

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
wilmington nc
Reviewed November 18, 2013

we went to Greensboro to see a concert and stayed at the Courtyard. I found the room to be
quite large with a nice chair as well as a desk. The room and bathroom were both very clean
The bed itself was very comfortable although I would have preferred full size pillows because I
found the pillows a bit on the small size The hotel itself was located very well near a lot of restaurants and not too far to the concert venue Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great location, close to everything - food, shopping, movie theater and major highways. The hotel has a lot of parking, beautiful lobby and rooms. The courtyard is gorgeous with the pool, grills setup and lighting at night. It was a little chilly during our visit so we did not try out the pool. Still, it's nice to drink coffee on the balcony of your room and look out into the courtyard.

Our room was wonderful. It was very clean, the bed and pillows were comfortable. There were tons of plug ins for our laptops, phones, etc. Except for the coffee pot - which leads me to complaint #1 - I went to use the coffee pot and it didn't work. I wondered if it was broken, then thought to check the plug in. Of course the cord was just hanging there. I attempted to plug it in where it was placed and their were no plug ins available. I had to physically move the coffee pot and all the other stuff for it to the bathroom sink area to use it. (A note on the coffee pot stating this would have been nice or better yet - the hotel should just set it up in the bathroom area and leave it there. UGH.

The other downside is the room has paper thin walls. There were a group of girls next door laughing hysterically for hours. After midnight we couldn't handle it anymore and complained to the front desk. They immediately sent up a security guard to their room and after that, everything was peaceful.

There is no complimentary breakfast with this hotel. All in all, I would definately stay here again. The staff was wonderful, and despite our loud neighbors, the room was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
maryland
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Easy to find off of I-40, clean, close to places to eat (I walked across the way for dinner) and the customer service was first-rate. My only real complaint was the breakfast. I didn't like it at all. Luckily it was included with my stay. If I had paid extra for it, I would have been ticked. This Courtyard is on my list of worthy Greensboro properties.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Omaha
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This Courtyard looks to have been recently remodeled; the lobby features the new Courtyard layout/design and our room was in terrific condition. The bed was quite comfortable and our room allowed us to relax, yet accomplish the work we needed to get done (the internet was easy to use and the speed quite good). The staff at the hotel is exceptionally friendly and was very attentive to all of our needs - a true gem in today's fast paced, not so consumer friendly environment. The workout facility has the requisite equipment, but can benefit by new equipment (however, this didn't stop us from getting in our daily workout routine). The hotel's location is quite convenient with many amenities and beautiful parks to visit nearby. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a pleasant place to stay with a servant attitude staff!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
boston
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My daughter and I stayed one night when she was moving into Elon. We chose Greensboro so that we would have access to better shopping than the Burlington/Elon area. The courtyard was close to the stores we wanted to visit - Costco, Target, Marshalls, Walmart. We had stayed at a neighboring hotel in January and was unhappy with the highway noise. So, we tried the Courtyard and we were very happy that we did.

We arrived tired, starved and late at 11 pm after a long day of travel. The front desk person was very friendly, prompt and was able to direct us to restaurants that were still open. We had a room on the third floor that was clean, pretty and well equipped. Climate control was excellent, bedding comfortable, towels plentiful and of good quality, nice toiletries (Paul Mitchell). Although the hotel is just off the highway, the room was quiet.

The bathroom set up is great - the sink is outside the shower area and this made it easy for both of us to get ready at the same time. We loved breakfast at the Starbucks operated cafe in the lobby. Nice contemporary dining area, and the breakfast came with my rate.

The Courtyard is an excellent choice for a moderately priced hotel. Well located, up to date, clean and attractive. It will be my first choice when in Greensboro.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family