“concert” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
wilmington nc
“concert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

we went to Greensboro to see a concert and stayed at the Courtyard. I found the room to be
quite large with a nice chair as well as a desk. The room and bathroom were both very clean
The bed itself was very comfortable although I would have preferred full size pillows because I
found the pillows a bit on the small size The hotel itself was located very well near a lot of restaurants and not too far to the concert venue Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great location, close to everything - food, shopping, movie theater and major highways. The hotel has a lot of parking, beautiful lobby and rooms. The courtyard is gorgeous with the pool, grills setup and lighting at night. It was a little chilly during our visit so we did not try out the pool. Still, it's nice to drink coffee on the balcony of your room and look out into the courtyard.

Our room was wonderful. It was very clean, the bed and pillows were comfortable. There were tons of plug ins for our laptops, phones, etc. Except for the coffee pot - which leads me to complaint #1 - I went to use the coffee pot and it didn't work. I wondered if it was broken, then thought to check the plug in. Of course the cord was just hanging there. I attempted to plug it in where it was placed and their were no plug ins available. I had to physically move the coffee pot and all the other stuff for it to the bathroom sink area to use it. (A note on the coffee pot stating this would have been nice or better yet - the hotel should just set it up in the bathroom area and leave it there. UGH.

The other downside is the room has paper thin walls. There were a group of girls next door laughing hysterically for hours. After midnight we couldn't handle it anymore and complained to the front desk. They immediately sent up a security guard to their room and after that, everything was peaceful.

There is no complimentary breakfast with this hotel. All in all, I would definately stay here again. The staff was wonderful, and despite our loud neighbors, the room was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Easy to find off of I-40, clean, close to places to eat (I walked across the way for dinner) and the customer service was first-rate. My only real complaint was the breakfast. I didn't like it at all. Luckily it was included with my stay. If I had paid extra for it, I would have been ticked. This Courtyard is on my list of worthy Greensboro properties.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Omaha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

This Courtyard looks to have been recently remodeled; the lobby features the new Courtyard layout/design and our room was in terrific condition. The bed was quite comfortable and our room allowed us to relax, yet accomplish the work we needed to get done (the internet was easy to use and the speed quite good). The staff at the hotel is exceptionally friendly and was very attentive to all of our needs - a true gem in today's fast paced, not so consumer friendly environment. The workout facility has the requisite equipment, but can benefit by new equipment (however, this didn't stop us from getting in our daily workout routine). The hotel's location is quite convenient with many amenities and beautiful parks to visit nearby. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a pleasant place to stay with a servant attitude staff!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My daughter and I stayed one night when she was moving into Elon. We chose Greensboro so that we would have access to better shopping than the Burlington/Elon area. The courtyard was close to the stores we wanted to visit - Costco, Target, Marshalls, Walmart. We had stayed at a neighboring hotel in January and was unhappy with the highway noise. So, we tried the Courtyard and we were very happy that we did.

We arrived tired, starved and late at 11 pm after a long day of travel. The front desk person was very friendly, prompt and was able to direct us to restaurants that were still open. We had a room on the third floor that was clean, pretty and well equipped. Climate control was excellent, bedding comfortable, towels plentiful and of good quality, nice toiletries (Paul Mitchell). Although the hotel is just off the highway, the room was quiet.

The bathroom set up is great - the sink is outside the shower area and this made it easy for both of us to get ready at the same time. We loved breakfast at the Starbucks operated cafe in the lobby. Nice contemporary dining area, and the breakfast came with my rate.

The Courtyard is an excellent choice for a moderately priced hotel. Well located, up to date, clean and attractive. It will be my first choice when in Greensboro.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Was here for a couple nights last week, and found the staff to be very accommodating. They went out of their way to get me in a room early so I could change and run off to an early afternoon meeting. Room was clean and updated. Very good experience. Little hard to find, as my GPS took me right by the place and told to keep going. Be careful of this if using the address in a GPS.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Monterey, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights this past weekend. The overall hotel was very nice. VERY friendly and accommodating staff - I give the staff 5/5. But I give the hotel a 3 because the impression changed once we got to our room. We were on the 5th floor, and although clean, we were immediately hit with a very pungent, strange smell. I still can't pin point it, but my best guess is someone had an animal in there that peed everywhere and then tried to cover it up. It was a very bad smell. I convinced myself breathing through my mouth was best, but then I just tasted it. We came in late from a 9 hour drive, so we didn't want to change rooms - we dealt with it. The bathroom had mildew stains over the door that were very noticeable. Other than that, the hotel was very nice and I would highly recommend staying here if you are in the Greensboro area. Shuttle driver to the airport was VERY nice!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple