“Just Fine”

Courtyard Greensboro
Ranked #32 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Easy to find off of I-40, clean, close to places to eat (I walked across the way for dinner) and the customer service was first-rate. My only real complaint was the breakfast. I didn't like it at all. Luckily it was included with my stay. If I had paid extra for it, I would have been ticked. This Courtyard is on my list of worthy Greensboro properties.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This Courtyard looks to have been recently remodeled; the lobby features the new Courtyard layout/design and our room was in terrific condition. The bed was quite comfortable and our room allowed us to relax, yet accomplish the work we needed to get done (the internet was easy to use and the speed quite good). The staff at the hotel is exceptionally friendly and was very attentive to all of our needs - a true gem in today's fast paced, not so consumer friendly environment. The workout facility has the requisite equipment, but can benefit by new equipment (however, this didn't stop us from getting in our daily workout routine). The hotel's location is quite convenient with many amenities and beautiful parks to visit nearby. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a pleasant place to stay with a servant attitude staff!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My daughter and I stayed one night when she was moving into Elon. We chose Greensboro so that we would have access to better shopping than the Burlington/Elon area. The courtyard was close to the stores we wanted to visit - Costco, Target, Marshalls, Walmart. We had stayed at a neighboring hotel in January and was unhappy with the highway noise. So, we tried the Courtyard and we were very happy that we did.

We arrived tired, starved and late at 11 pm after a long day of travel. The front desk person was very friendly, prompt and was able to direct us to restaurants that were still open. We had a room on the third floor that was clean, pretty and well equipped. Climate control was excellent, bedding comfortable, towels plentiful and of good quality, nice toiletries (Paul Mitchell). Although the hotel is just off the highway, the room was quiet.

The bathroom set up is great - the sink is outside the shower area and this made it easy for both of us to get ready at the same time. We loved breakfast at the Starbucks operated cafe in the lobby. Nice contemporary dining area, and the breakfast came with my rate.

The Courtyard is an excellent choice for a moderately priced hotel. Well located, up to date, clean and attractive. It will be my first choice when in Greensboro.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Was here for a couple nights last week, and found the staff to be very accommodating. They went out of their way to get me in a room early so I could change and run off to an early afternoon meeting. Room was clean and updated. Very good experience. Little hard to find, as my GPS took me right by the place and told to keep going. Be careful of this if using the address in a GPS.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights this past weekend. The overall hotel was very nice. VERY friendly and accommodating staff - I give the staff 5/5. But I give the hotel a 3 because the impression changed once we got to our room. We were on the 5th floor, and although clean, we were immediately hit with a very pungent, strange smell. I still can't pin point it, but my best guess is someone had an animal in there that peed everywhere and then tried to cover it up. It was a very bad smell. I convinced myself breathing through my mouth was best, but then I just tasted it. We came in late from a 9 hour drive, so we didn't want to change rooms - we dealt with it. The bathroom had mildew stains over the door that were very noticeable. Other than that, the hotel was very nice and I would highly recommend staying here if you are in the Greensboro area. Shuttle driver to the airport was VERY nice!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

A great room at a decent price. The hotel lobby/bistro/bar/breakfast area was modern and useful. The strip mall across the street is handy if you need to grab something quick. Nightlife or really quality dining would require a cab ride. Recommended for business or family travel. I went to the ACC tournament which was an 8-10 minute drive away.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Overnight stay. Great clean place. The room was clean and attractive. No fridge but that's ok. Really enjoyed our stay. They have lots if amenities. They also have a Bristol Cafe with Starbucks on site. The staff was really friendly. After you place your order they delivery your food to your table. The staff looked and acted very professional. They had oval shape booths all with their own private television. I was really impress and would really like to stay here again. I obtained this room by bidding on it on Priceline. Got it for 1/4th the actual rate.

• Stayed: August 2013