“A pleasant spot on the edge of town but conveniently located.”
Review of Battleground Inn

Battleground Inn
Ranked #48 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We've stayed at the Battleground Inn twice on trips South. It is away from the downtown and super-highway areas (so quieter) but well positioned to many restaurants that you can walk to. (Pastabilities and Lucky 32 are a couple of blocks away, along with pizza, Mexican and chain restaurants.) The room was comfortable and they have a free, basic continental breakfast in the morning. After driving for hours, it is nice to be able to walk a bit without fearing getting run over and the hotel is in a good spot for that. A good, clean, reasonably priced hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank HoldenKathy

Reviewed October 5, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We felt it was dark and very dated. Light color, new bedspreads would go a long way to brighten up the rooms. The staff was helpful at times but not as friendly as some have mentioned here. The cleaning staff was wonderful. They had a terrible time keeping the WiFi on. We had internet service sporadically and it would go out in the middle of work on the computer. This hotel is centrally located in Greensboro but I would rather spend more money and get a higher quality.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank uniquetraveler333
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We have stayed at the Battleground during many trips to Greensboro, probably 6 times now. It is a clean, friendly place. The staff is marvelous, one lady and I became friends and catch up on each other's family each time we visit there. The free breakfast is small, but if you want more there are several places to go in the area, including an IHOP within walking distance. There is also a great pizza place across the street, a Target a few blocks away for shopping and a neat small town Drug Store across the street, for buying souvenires. We enjoyed our stays there, but unfortunately, our daughter has moved so we won't have a chance to stay there any longer. But we may just drop by to say hi when we are in the area again..

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms by the ice machine.
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank pats8e8
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We were visiting our son in Greensboro, so we found this inn nearby. We checked in and immediately I was impressed with the service we received. I asked for extra pillows and within a few minutes someone was knocking on our door with the pillows. Their attitudes were great and they made us feel we were really welcomed there. My husband was put in the hospital while there and we had to extend our stay, which was handled extremely well and without a hitch. Even the housekeepers were caring and solicitous. I was amazed by this treatment. The rates were unbelievably reasonable. The rate also included a free breakfast in the lobby. Coffee was plentiful. Cookies showed up at various times in the lobby. Just a homey atmosphere. We definitely will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank gabe65
Reviewed December 31, 2010

This hotel was very well-located for me, very close to everywhere I needed to go, and convenient to stores, restaurants, etc. The hotel staff was very nice and polite and helpful. The free breakfast was adequate, and included oatmeal, bagels and other breads, fruit and cereals. The room was a little on the small side, though the bathroom was enormous (I had been placed in a handicapped room, which was fine.) the only "problem" was my room was right near the entrance and the window opened DIRECTLY onto the parking lot; I had to keep the shades closed at all times, when I would have preferred to let a little sunshine in. I probably could have had my room changed had I asked, but I decided not to bother. But overall, a good stay, very reasonable, and I recommend, especially for a traveller on a budget.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Jabeish
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We stayed at the Battleground Inn for one night. My husband had business in Greensboro so I started looking for a place to stay. After reading about the Inn, we decided to try it. The online reservation process is simple, but not many choices. I called to ask about other choices and discounts. The lady I talked to told me to just note it in the comment section and they would take care of it.

The Inn was very nice. Nice clean rooms and friendly atmosphere. They have wifi. The continental breakfast was ok. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business