“Great stay at a Great Hotel”

Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum
Ranked #40 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
San Luis Obispo
“Great stay at a Great Hotel”
Reviewed June 21, 2010

My name is Sammy Garcia. I went to Greensboro, North Carolina for a family reunion. I book three seperate rooms at the Baymont Inn & Suites; one room for me and two rooms for relatives coming in from other parts of the country.

Right from the start I was impressed. The gounds were well kept and the lobby was clean and cheerful. The stuff was really nice and helpful.

My room was very clean, the bed really comfortable. My realatives also had the same experience with their rooms.

It was a pleasure to be on vacation and have such a nice hotel to mix in with the experience.

Thank You to the staff at Baymont Inn & Suites

Sammy Garcia

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed March 25, 2010

This was by far the worst experience with a Hotel I have ever had. The hotel screwed up the reservations we had. They didn't reserve the foldout beds like we had asked. ran out of towels so people had to share. The pictures on the website are deceiving, the place is actually nasty on the inside. There was no hot water. It literally took 30 minutes to check in and 25 minutes to check out. There was no express check out. What is worst is that when we booked the reservation we told them that we would pay in cash and asked if they would put a hold on our credit card. Denise told us no. When we arrived and paid cash in advance someone there placed an unauthorized hold on our account even though we paid in advance. I had to call 7 times to have it removed. On Monday Denise told me that it shouldn't have been on there and it would come off Monday night because of the weekend transaction. My bank told me this was a lie. On Tuesday when I called back no one on duty knew what to do. On Wednesday when I called Denise told me that the she watched the accountant remove the hold on Tuesday morning. Also a lie. After that I had to speak to Joe Steele the manager who was incredibly rude. He lied and told me that the hold was taken off when we checked in on Friday and that he had documentation to prove it. The manager Joe Steele told me it would take ten days to come off. Joe Steele then told me to have my bank call him. My bank immediately tried to contact him, but he couldn't come to the phone and to this day still hasn't returned their call. The hold was removed the very next day. The managing staff is rude, arrogant, and full of lies. Traveler beware, this place is horrible, never stay here...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank ireland4evr
GreensboroSteele, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this review, June 9, 2010
Though I can not address this guest horrible experience, I understand her issue with her debit/credit card in regards to a credit, I had verify with my Auditor that the credit had been processed. In the hotel business, it is important to provide quality housing and service to all guest, we however can not manage and/or balance their debit/credit cards. Given the rare occurrence of this complaint, we find at our property that knowledgeable guest understand how the function works and maintain their account with the proper parameters.
greenville
Reviewed November 9, 2009

We did a weekend trip here to Greensboro and from the pictures it seemed like a decent hotel for the price. WRONG!! First, the pakring lot is too small so we had to park beside the dumpster in the very back which is very dark and sketchy looking. I was worried the whole night that someone would break in my truck. After killing a couple bugs in the room we finally went to sleep. I tried the next morning to call the front desk and guess what, our phone is broken. Among other things, our smoke detector was hanging by the wires from the ceiling. The bathroom was so small that I had to shut the door to sit on the toilet. My wife and could not be in the bathroom at the same time because it was so small. At checkout, their card machine wouldnt scan my card right which made me look like I had no money and was embarassing with others behind me trying to check out. Now that I am home and check my bank account they have pending charges for me on the card they tried to tell me wasnt working. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
l1i2s3a
Reviewed July 1, 2009

Stay Away! It's just awful. And, Management doesn't care.

I spoke to the Director of Operation on the phone and his only response was that "we are a highly rated hotel.".....not by me or anyone in my group!

Customer Service: F
Breakfast: D
Linens: B
Comfort: F
Plumbing: D

This hotel is under staffed, old, dark, hot and of very low quality. Their advertising is all false as well.
This hotel is a run down hotel with minimum effort to clean up ...but they missed the mark. While the carpet and linens were fresh (Thank goodness) the rest of the hotel was dark and musty smelling with paint used in an attempt to cover up it's age. More paint did not cover the cracking walls and old wallpaper. Nor did it get rid of the odor in the hall ways. There were similar efforts to freshen the bathrooms...but same thing...old fixtures and filth. The halls were dark and hot....there is no a/c in the enclosed interior halls. This is most noticeable on the second floor. Coming in from a long day it is so disappointing to walk through the front door into a sauna.

We stayed in this hotel b/c it was close to our destination. All the other hotels in the area were booked. Next time I will drive an hour to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank l1i2s3a
GreensboroSteele, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this review, October 20, 2009
This guest was unable to share there experience, our cleanliness inspection score
is a 99/100. 50% of our reservations are repeat guests. Unfortunatly we were unable to solve this guests issues.general manager
Roanoke, VA
Reviewed June 29, 2009

This hotel just changed to Baymont Inn. There were roaches in my room....out when the lights and TV on. The AC was put back together wrong and I had to fix it in order for it to work. Quick glance things looked clean however as you look closer you can see it has not been well maintained. Maybe with the new ownership things will improve but I won't gamble on it. One positive note, the front desk staff were extremely nice and gave my dog a bag of treats.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
GreensboroSteele, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this review, October 20, 2009
With the upgrade to Baymont, everything is cleaner, brighter and more comfortable! We are clean and bug free! Baymont Inn and Suites is ready to serve you and your family! We have a fully staffed maintenance department that keeps everything in tip top condition. Try us! You'll be back!
charlotte, nc
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend. This was the host hotel for a Biker gathering. The staff was nice enough. But the rooms could use some updating. The furniture was old and it was in need of an update. Also the bathroom was rather small. The rooms lacked closets and they had small wardrobes instead. The 2 story hotel lacked elevators. This hotel is in definite need a real security. Several cars were broken into during my stay. I have no desire to ever return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009
Our upgrade to Baymont Inn and Suites has brought some wonderful changes to make us a top notch place for you and your family to stay.
We have new furniture in our rooms and now we have suites, a business center, guest laundry and a fitness center!
We also have an upgrade security system which makes us the ideal place to relax with your family and friends!