“Rooms are clean. Breakfast is great. Location to the mall...”

Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum
Ranked #40 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Rooms are clean. Breakfast is great. Location to the mall, colesium, restaurants, and other hotels is great. Unfortunately it isn't in the best part if town but a lot of traffic from the positive surroundings but be aware of your surroundings. Rooms were 63 so very reasonable. You get what you pay for sometimes. Negatives: no elevator. Older rooms and very narrow halls. The door on the second floor to stairs was broken and our rooms were near it. Slamming all hours of the night and very early in the morning.hallways smelled like smoke. Workers very friendly and hospitable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Rae K,
Thank you for the recent stay and review of my hotel the Baymont Inn and SuitesGreensboro/Coliseum. I was pleased to see you had a nice stay, your room was clean and the breakfast was great. Being so close to the Coliseum, the Mall, many fine restaurants and the Khoury Convention Center is one of our positive amenities and of course my employees. I will be sure to have maintenance look at the door and I can only imagine how aggravating that would be while trying to sleep. In regards to the smell of smoke in hallways I have just included on our registration card a fine of $250.00 for smoking in a non-smoking room. I sure to hope this helps as it has seemed to have gotten worse our the last month. Thanks again for your stay and do hope if you are in Greensboro area you will choose to stay here at the Baymont!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Reviewed March 3, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My daughter, granddaughter and I stayed at this hotel before Christmas, for 2 nights. The plan was for 3. I drove in from Atlanta GA, and she from coastal NC and we met there. I am late in writing this review. I am not one to write negative reviews, but felt I should be completely honest. I am in the travel industry and feel honesty is important.
At check in, we were met by a very professional gentlemen who checked us in. The lobby was nice. He sent us to our room and it was smelled terrible of smoke. We immediately told him couldn't stay in the room and he sent us to another room. The air was off, and he turned it on. We were so tired that we went into that room and got settled. In the middle of the night, all of us woke coughing and had terrible sinus issues. The smell of mildew was awful. My daughter had an early meeting and asked if I could take care of it. Upon checking the room, the central air/heat unit had mold spores growing in it, as well as mildew all around the window. ( I took pictures, as I couldn't believe it) I immediately notified the front desk, and was told they would take care of it; and assist me with the move. A few minutes passed and a woman from housekeeping dropped off a new room key and a luggage rack. No one assisted myself and a three year old to move all of our belongings.The new room was fine, but we stayed only one more night, not three as we planned.
On my business trips to that area, I will not stay there again. They really need to address their mold issue, if they haven't already.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tazzie062
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Sheri P,

Thank you for taking the time out to let me know about your stay in December. I myself am very disappointed about the problems you had while a guests here. As you know it is hard to police the guests who stay here and unfortunately some smoke in nonsmoking rooms which ruin it for us nonsmokers. I will be sure to let housekeeping and maintenance know about the A/C's and to keep an eye out for this, as I want to be sure others do not encounter this isolated incident.
Thanks again,

Reviewed February 23, 2013

i just wanted to take the time to wright a review about the Baymont Inn & Suites.
i have stayed at the baymont few times a year and every time i enjoy it more. when i reciently had an overnight stay in Greensboro i knew it was gonna be the Baymont. the always nice staff (same staff with a couple new friendly faces) is a great plus and a clean hotel with a FREE hot breakfast! cant beat it!
they are doing things all the time to "beautify" the look and feel of the hotel. I wouldnt stay anywhere eles!!

Room Tip: king singles are worth the upgrade price and if your feeling real loose on the wallet strings go for...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Marty V,

Thank you for your recent stay and review of my hotel the Baymont Inn and Suites Greensboro/Coliseum. I am glad to see that you are a return guest and notice the improvement that we have made over the past year. We do pride ourselves on our great customer service as part of the Baymont Hometown Hospitality training we participate in regularily. Thanks again.

Reviewed February 20, 2013