My daughter, granddaughter and I stayed at this hotel before Christmas, for 2 nights. The plan was for 3. I drove in from Atlanta GA, and she from coastal NC and we met there. I am late in writing this review. I am not one to write negative reviews, but felt I should be completely honest. I am in the travel industry and feel honesty is important.
At check in, we were met by a very professional gentlemen who checked us in. The lobby was nice. He sent us to our room and it was smelled terrible of smoke. We immediately told him couldn't stay in the room and he sent us to another room. The air was off, and he turned it on. We were so tired that we went into that room and got settled. In the middle of the night, all of us woke coughing and had terrible sinus issues. The smell of mildew was awful. My daughter had an early meeting and asked if I could take care of it. Upon checking the room, the central air/heat unit had mold spores growing in it, as well as mildew all around the window. ( I took pictures, as I couldn't believe it) I immediately notified the front desk, and was told they would take care of it; and assist me with the move. A few minutes passed and a woman from housekeeping dropped off a new room key and a luggage rack. No one assisted myself and a three year old to move all of our belongings.The new room was fine, but we stayed only one more night, not three as we planned.
On my business trips to that area, I will not stay there again. They really need to address their mold issue, if they haven't already.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are centrally located in Greensboro, close vacinity to the Koury Convention Center and Four Seasons Mall (500 yards). With-in walking distance to many nationally known restaurants and bars. You will find easy access to all local attractions including: Wet and Wild Emerald Point, Greensboro Coliseum Complex and Aquatic Center, University of North Carolina Greensboro, NC A&T, downtown Greensboro and the High Point Furniture Market. Our hotel is outfitted with plenty of free amenities including: Free Wi-Fi, Free Local Calls, Complimentary USAToday Newspaper, Fitness Room, Business Center, On-Site Laundry Facilities, Baymont Breakfast Corner and much more. We look forward to your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Hotel Greensboro
- Baymont Inn And Suites Greensboro / Coliseum
- Comfort Inn Greensboro
- Greensboro Comfort Inn