“Very Disappointed”

Ranked #40 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My daughter, granddaughter and I stayed at this hotel before Christmas, for 2 nights. The plan was for 3. I drove in from Atlanta GA, and she from coastal NC and we met there. I am late in writing this review. I am not one to write negative reviews, but felt I should be completely honest. I am in the travel industry and feel honesty is important.
At check in, we were met by a very professional gentlemen who checked us in. The lobby was nice. He sent us to our room and it was smelled terrible of smoke. We immediately told him couldn't stay in the room and he sent us to another room. The air was off, and he turned it on. We were so tired that we went into that room and got settled. In the middle of the night, all of us woke coughing and had terrible sinus issues. The smell of mildew was awful. My daughter had an early meeting and asked if I could take care of it. Upon checking the room, the central air/heat unit had mold spores growing in it, as well as mildew all around the window. ( I took pictures, as I couldn't believe it) I immediately notified the front desk, and was told they would take care of it; and assist me with the move. A few minutes passed and a woman from housekeeping dropped off a new room key and a luggage rack. No one assisted myself and a three year old to move all of our belongings.The new room was fine, but we stayed only one more night, not three as we planned.
On my business trips to that area, I will not stay there again. They really need to address their mold issue, if they haven't already.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tazzie062
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Sheri P,

Thank you for taking the time out to let me know about your stay in December. I myself am very disappointed about the problems you had while a guests here. As you know it is hard to police the guests who stay here and unfortunately some smoke in nonsmoking rooms which ruin it for us nonsmokers. I will be sure to let housekeeping and maintenance know about the A/C's and to keep an eye out for this, as I want to be sure others do not encounter this isolated incident.
Thanks again,
John Starke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 23, 2013

i just wanted to take the time to wright a review about the Baymont Inn & Suites.
i have stayed at the baymont few times a year and every time i enjoy it more. when i reciently had an overnight stay in Greensboro i knew it was gonna be the Baymont. the always nice staff (same staff with a couple new friendly faces) is a great plus and a clean hotel with a FREE hot breakfast! cant beat it!
they are doing things all the time to "beautify" the look and feel of the hotel. I wouldnt stay anywhere eles!!

Room Tip: king singles are worth the upgrade price and if your feeling real loose on the wallet strings go for...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Marty V,

Thank you for your recent stay and review of my hotel the Baymont Inn and Suites Greensboro/Coliseum. I am glad to see that you are a return guest and notice the improvement that we have made over the past year. We do pride ourselves on our great customer service as part of the Baymont Hometown Hospitality training we participate in regularily. Thanks again.
Luling
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The staff here really knows how to take care of you. I came back to visit for work after a year and chose to stay here again since they did me well last time. The rooms smell nice. Not sure if they changed up the type of air freshener but it really smells good. Some hotels that I visit for work have a musty smell but not this one. Breakfast is awesome as well. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mana K
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Mana K,

Thank you for your review and your return visit to my hotel the Baymont Inn and Suites Greensboro/Coliseum. Thank you for noticing the new air freshener as it has been challenging to find one that works good on smoking rooms without over powering our nonsmoking rooms. We here at the Baymont practice our Baymont Hometown Hospitality daily as it really helps our already friendly staff focus on customer service the way it should be. We look forward to your next business trip to Greensboro and your stay with us.
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My stay at the Baymont Inn was wonderful!! When I checked in Rosela was very informative about places to eat and where the coliseum was located and how to get a taxi from the show! After my swift check in, I went to my king room and was very pleased with the layout! Flat screens and frig/micro coffee pot IN the ROOM! Very clean and quiet
they had a very well stocked breakfast!
Check out was quick and pleasant.
I would DEFANATLY recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Greensboro!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Vacationsandi
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Vacationsandi;

Thank you for your recent stay and review of my hotel the Baymont Inn and Suites Greensboro. I was quite pleased to see how Rosela was able to help you with taxi and eating suggestions before the concert. We are located only 2 miles from Coliseum and right across the street from the Koury Convention Center and with-in walking distances to some very good restaurants. Thanks again for your kind words and hope to see you back at the Baymont in the near future!