As a solo traveler, checking out relocation possibilities, I was a little uneasy about choosing this hotel because of it's low price. The front desk personnel (Bill?) were pleasant and extremely helpful on the phone during the initial reservation and I was very pleasantly surprised upon arrival late at night. The night staff (Ryan) was extremely welcoming and helpful. The room was clean and the mattress was unbelievably comfortable; I rarely sleep well first night on the road but I needed the alarm clock to wake me from a wonderful sleep at the Baymont. The bathroom was small but ..who lives in the bathroom? It was clean, the shower worked well and the water was hot. The next morning Chyemen, who was at the front desk, pointed out some "must sees" in the area and gave me a quick overview of the area and make sure I knew about all of the hotel's amenities. The hotel offers a free continental breakfast and the fare was a little more plentiful than most and included fresh fruit (bananas, apples, pears) as well as granola bars, cold and hot cereal and of course, the required waffles. A helpful staff member stayed closed by to offer assistance if needed. The breakfast room was large and comfortable with two TVs.
The hotel boasts a coin operated laundry and a small outdoor swimming pool. "Downtown" with the famous Museum of International Civil Rights, is several miles away but the Covention center is across the street as is the Greensboro Welcome Center.
The hotel is a little older and seems to have had some additions put on it but it is more than well worth the price. I will definitely stay here again when I am anywhere near Greensboro, not only for the convenience of the hotel but for the excellent customer service and courtesy I received from all the staff members (maids, maintenance and front desk staff).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are centrally located in Greensboro, close vacinity to the Koury Convention Center and Four Seasons Mall (500 yards). With-in walking distance to many nationally known restaurants and bars. You will find easy access to all local attractions including: Wet and Wild Emerald Point, Greensboro Coliseum Complex and Aquatic Center, University of North Carolina Greensboro, NC A&T, downtown Greensboro and the High Point Furniture Market. Our hotel is outfitted with plenty of free amenities including: Free Wi-Fi, Free Local Calls, Complimentary USAToday Newspaper, Fitness Room, Business Center, On-Site Laundry Facilities, Baymont Breakfast Corner and much more. We look forward to your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Hotel Greensboro
- Baymont Inn And Suites Greensboro / Coliseum
- Comfort Inn Greensboro
- Greensboro Comfort Inn