“Baymont Inn”

Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum
Ranked #40 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
nj
Reviewed November 15, 2012

As a solo traveler, checking out relocation possibilities, I was a little uneasy about choosing this hotel because of it's low price. The front desk personnel (Bill?) were pleasant and extremely helpful on the phone during the initial reservation and I was very pleasantly surprised upon arrival late at night. The night staff (Ryan) was extremely welcoming and helpful. The room was clean and the mattress was unbelievably comfortable; I rarely sleep well first night on the road but I needed the alarm clock to wake me from a wonderful sleep at the Baymont. The bathroom was small but ..who lives in the bathroom? It was clean, the shower worked well and the water was hot. The next morning Chyemen, who was at the front desk, pointed out some "must sees" in the area and gave me a quick overview of the area and make sure I knew about all of the hotel's amenities. The hotel offers a free continental breakfast and the fare was a little more plentiful than most and included fresh fruit (bananas, apples, pears) as well as granola bars, cold and hot cereal and of course, the required waffles. A helpful staff member stayed closed by to offer assistance if needed. The breakfast room was large and comfortable with two TVs.
The hotel boasts a coin operated laundry and a small outdoor swimming pool. "Downtown" with the famous Museum of International Civil Rights, is several miles away but the Covention center is across the street as is the Greensboro Welcome Center.

The hotel is a little older and seems to have had some additions put on it but it is more than well worth the price. I will definitely stay here again when I am anywhere near Greensboro, not only for the convenience of the hotel but for the excellent customer service and courtesy I received from all the staff members (maids, maintenance and front desk staff).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Geddyupgo,

Thank you for your recent review on my hotel the Baymont Inn and Suites Greensboro / Coliseum. It was with pleasure that I read that my staff treated you so well and that you had such a great stay. We pride ourselves on Baymont Hometown Hospitality and providing a clean, comfortable room at a affordable price. The hotel is conveniently located to all of Greensboro's attractions being right off I-40 and closeby to I-85. I appreciate all your descriptions as I couldn't have described our hotel any better than you. Thanks again for your stay and do hope you choose Baymont's for all your lodging needs.
Sincerely
FLORENCE
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The desk clerk was nice and accommodating both in person and over the phone. The room smelled very bad. Though it was clean the smell made the room feel musky and dirty.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Hello Stanley H,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of my property the Baymont Inn and Suites Greensboro/Coliseum. I was pleased to see the front desk was using our training Baymont Hometown Hospitality when talking with you and upon checking in. I want to apologize that you had a problem with the odor in your room. I will have housekeeping keep a better eye on this to be sure that our guests have a pleasant stay in all our rooms.
Thanks again,
Holly, MI
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We chose this hotel because it is right across the street from the Koury Convention Center. This hotel is quite beautiful and we got a very good price on the room with a coupon from the hotel coupon books that are available at the welcome center. The front desk clerk was very helpful when we checked in. Her name was Chyemen, and she went out of her way to accommodate our needs. Our group had 3 rooms altogether. They were very clean and spacious. The mattresses were very comfortable and allowed us to sleep very well. The breakfast area is a rather large room with lots of tables and chairs. We used it at night just to sit around and talk because we were a large group. (We played games there the last time we stayed at this hotel.) The breakfast staff was quite helpful and they made the waffles for us on Saturday, but no staff was obvious in that area on Sunday. They had a little more choices than the typical continental breakfast. There were hard boiled eggs the first day we were there, but not the second. There was also fresh fruit (apples and bananas). There were packages of instant grits and several flavors of oatmeal, and also biscuits and gravy. There are laundry facilities available near the front of the hotel (right next to the workout center) and a computer that is available for guest's use, but it was very slow. There is an outdoor pool.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Cheryl,

Thank you for your recent stay and review of my hotel the Baymont Inn and Suites Greensboro/Coliseum. It was very nice to read all the great things you had to say about us. We take great pride to provide to all of our guests the service you received. We are located across the street from the Koury Convention Center and about 1 1/2 mile from the Greensboro Coliseum and if you are back in town again I hope that you will choose us for your lodging needs. Thanks again for your business.