“met my expectations”

Ranked #40 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Candler, North Carolina, United States
“met my expectations”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Stayed three nights while working the wrestling tournament. Room was comfortable and clean. Front desk staff were very courteous. Allowed me to check in early on my first day there so I could get settled and get to the coliseum. I even noticed that the staff made an attempt (although I don't think it worked out as well as they had planned) to get the breakfast out earlier than it was supposed to be just to accomodate the people staying there who needed to get to the coliseum early in the morning. The hotel is nothing fancy, but it does an excellent job of being what it is supposed to be, which is a solid, clean, reasonably priced hotel. Plan on staying here again next year.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear Wendall T,

Thank you for your recent stay and review of my hotel the Baymont Inn and Suites, Greensboro. I was happy to see that the staff made every attemt to satisfy your needs and was able to get you checked into your room early so you could get to your event. We pride ourselves on great customer service, clean comfortable rooms and our Baymont Breakfast. I look forward to meeting you next time you are in Greensboro.

John Starke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I was in Greensboro for the US Masters Swimming National Championships and had selected this hotel because it was the cheapest of the official event hotels at $72.00 per night. While I know selecting the cheapest is usually pretty risky, I was pleased at what I got for this very reasonable price. The front desk staff was great, and the complimentary breakfast was as good as I have seen at any American chain property.

There were a couple of issues - I heard heavy footsteps every time the people upstairs walked across their floor, and their was some mold on the tub/shower combo ceiling in the bathroom. There was only a small wardrobe to hang up clothes, rather than a more typical closet. Also, the linens were average at best, but the bed itself was comfortable. Additionally, the room did have a mini fridge and a microwave, which I both used.

The location is excellent for any event at the Colliseum complex, which is just a mile down High Point Road. The mall is only a couple of blocks away, and the freeway just a block beyond the mall.

I will most likely stay here again in the future whenever I attend another event at the new Greensboro Aquatic Center.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Dear Joe G,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am please to see you had a enjoyable time enjoyed our breakfast and my staff treated you well. We pride ourselves on great customer service here at the Baymont Inn and Suites. The feedback you have provided is appreciated to help us improve our hotel. I look forward to hosting many more events at the Greensboro Aquatic Center and seeing you soon.

Best Regards,
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We have never stayed at a Baymont so wasn't sure what to expect. It was a lot older and dated then what i expected. The room and bathroom was clean but it it was the quality of a Motel 6. All the hotels in the area were sold out so maybe that is why we paid over $100 for what if would have expected to pay maybe $70-80. I feel pretty sure the airconditioner wiring - laying on the floor- in the bedroom would not be up to code. would be very easy to trip over-- we saw this all over the hotel. you can not access the breakfast area from the rooms which was inconvienent for us because it was raining. the breakfast was decent. If i had to id stay here again but i felt it was too much money for the quality of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MGUINN08

Thank you for your recent stay at the Baymont Inn and Suites. I am not sure if you knew the High Point Furniture Market was going on and a Citywide Event was is town during your stay which cause the whole area to be sold out, thus prices rise accordingly. I appreciate your feedback regarding the A/C unit and have instructed the maintenance department to check all rooms to correct this. I do not understand about my breakfast room accessablility as it is located right by my lobby and the hallway to all the rooms. Once again thank you for your feedback and your business. I do hope that if you are in the Greensboro area again you will choose the Baymont Inn and Suites for your lodging needs.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Besty the Front Desk was very nice and sweet. The room was nice and clean. I had a enjoyable stay. If I am in the area again, I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Clancaster99,

Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Baymont Inn and Suites Greensboro. I was pleased to see that Betsy was sweet and nice and showed you what Baymont Inns "Hometown Hospitality" is all about. She was happy to see this compliment when I showed her. I look forward to meeting you if you return to Greenboro and glad you had a very enjoyable visit.

Mooresville, NC
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My son was wrestling in the NC State Wrestling tournament at the Greensboro Coliseum this year. They added an extra day so we were in need of finding an affordable motel at a very good price. This place fit the bill perfectly. We booked early and got a very good rate. We had a non-smoking 2 doubles room and it was very clean. Everything worked. We had no issues.

The free breakfast is decent. Bagels, biscuits and gravy, muffins, make your own waffles, cereal.

The staff at the front desk was very friendly. One thing to note, there is no elevator at this motel. There is only 2 floors so it is not a big deal but if you have trouble with steps you better request a 1st floor room.

I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BrownHP
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Dear Mr Brown,

Thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor.com. I am pleased to hear that you had a nice stay here at the Baymont Inn and Suites and everything was up to your expectations. If you are in the Greensboro area again please consider staying with us again as I appreciate your business.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I booked on-line and not sure what to expect as I was there for Landscaping Convention right across the street. I was really surprised at everything with this hotel. The room was really clean and bed was so comfortable I slept great. The staff was also so attentive and spoke to me and my wife every time we came through the lobby and even had fresh baked cookies! The breakfast was good with the normal stuff found at most hotels but found the biscuit and gravy very good and Maria helped my wife make a Belgian Waffle. I will definately be back and recommend this hotel to other who want a decent price, good clean room and a nice breakfast in the morning! The room had a nice 32" LCD with some nice channels including HBO. Hotel close to many restaurants and walked one night to Smoky Bones and one night to Darryl's both of which were real good!

Room Tip: No elevator.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jorge J
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear Mr. Jorge J,

Thank you for your recent stay and your review for the Baymont Inn and Suites, Greensboro NC. I am glad that you had a nice stay and thank you for all the wonderful comments. I will be sure to pass them along to my staff.

Virginia
Reviewed February 17, 2012

This hotel was not bad for the price. However, they did charge me twice for the room and I had to get my credit card company to fix it. The hotel was older but redone not all that long ago. The room had no closet and too much furniture but for the price it could not be beat. It was a little further off I-85 than I had expected. They did provide a breakfast, nothing special but did the job.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear D R,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Baymont Inn and Suites. Let me apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your credit card. I am not sure if you booked directly with us or another web site but I am glad to see it was resolved quickly. I do hope that if you are in the Greensboro area again you will choose the Baymont Inn and Suites and show you our Hometown Hospitality.