“Dont Pa your money to a nasty place to laid your head.”
Review of Fairview Inn

Fairview Inn
Ranked #58 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
“Dont Pa your money to a nasty place to laid your head.”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I check in on a saturday.When I got to the room.the smell of the room made me sick of My stomach.the room walls was full of stains,cracks everywhere.panel on the light switch was nasty.dusty on the tv.toliet Had a ring around it.toliet kept running,no towels in the bath,stink bug dead between the towel holder.carpet has trash on the floor.the lamps shades are broken,comforter are dirty and stinky.sprinkler dont have a cover over it. Mexican club next door drown out My dam tv with there music.refrigerador has black stuff around the seal.(mildew).microwave was nasty and burnt inside.just a yuck place.stains,stains,stains everywhere.no alarm clock.phone Had dirty around it.which I went to several rooms.before we found One decent room.but it was the same like the others.only things was nice wa sthe picture on the walls.will never,never,nevvvvvvver,come back to this dump.and I paíd $55 for a double and this is What I got.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank xavier317

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I am a frequent customer of the Fairview Inn and go there a couple times a month. The hotel has always been decent for its age and the price for a King bed was pretty good at 50 bucks. However, last night will be my last stay. I noticed that there were bugs in the bed. I captured 2 of them so I could study them closely and they look identical to bedbugs. They matched size, color, shape and the pictures to a tee off the Internet. I grabbed my bags and at 11:30 PM left the hotel, dropping by the office on my way out. The night clerk told me that they had a problem and that exterminators come in once a week. He was not concerned with the issue, nor did he offer me anything to rectify the situation. His attitude was quite flippant, as if I did something wrong. I figured he would not let the manager know, so I called her and found where Mr. Night Clerk learned to be flippant. She informed me that I was wrong and they don’t have a problem. Talk about burying your head in the sand.

Well, now I have a problem. I had to drive 2 hours home, launder my clothes and pray I did not bring their issue home with me. If you don’t know about bedbugs, educate yourself. They are a big deal and once infested are hard to get rid of. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this Hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Jim S
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed October 23, 2012

well, let me start by saying that for a $40 room, you shouldnt expect red carpet service...There were a few things i noticed that were...kinda not ok if you will.One being the toilet that didn't work after the first "potey" flush, two the smell of cleaning supplies still lingering in the room.(but at least it was clean?) and lastly, the bed was rather uncomfortable...well not the bed, moreso the spread was scratchy, in comparison to some other places I've been this year...Overall, this place is really just a spot for truckers or ppl driving long distances to rest up for a night. I wouldn't recommend staying mutiple nights...For the price, i guess its understadable though..
I didn't notice some of these things others wrote and photographed ( Thank God), so i m not really complaining... cant penny pinch and complain

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I got there on a saturday night they gave me the only room they had left very nasty room smell bad next day they moved me to a clean room they say sunday 5 pm wen they moved me everything is a little better that night i keep feeling something itching me it was bed bugs wait b4 that toilet was bronken they wanted me to fix to some it all up nasty very nasty place red roof 60 cents more 100 times better

• Stayed July 2012
mi
Reviewed May 23, 2012

are you kidding,this place is nasty,did not know anything about the place,until i checked in people hanging out drinking smoking,also the gas station clerk told me this is a bad spot,the room is falling apart,stains bugs do not stay

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Great Value Friendly Staff Nice Ammenities Clean Rooms

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank jasdip
Henderson, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Have stayed here many times and every visit was pleasant and enjoyable. Can't beat the rates. Plan to use this facility when I visit Greensboro.

Room Tip: King rooms are very large and comfortable.