“Good Place to Celebrate a Special Occasion”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 895 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: GTA weekdays every 1.5 hours between 5:43 am - 12:08 am & weekends every 1 hour between 6:38 am - 10:38 pm with in 1/4 mile of the center
Description: Fleming's Greensboro, NC is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located at The Shops at Friendly Center, near Downtown Greensboro, College Hill, and the Greensboro Coliseum.
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good Place to Celebrate a Special Occasion”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband decided to treat the family to a dinner here. The staff were attentive but not pushy. The steak was tender and cooked perfectly. My only complaint was that it was a little too salty. The restaurant is beautifully decorated. The portions were reasonable. The wait time for our meal was not long. We really enjoyed the bread and spreads the waitress brought when we first sat down.

Visited February 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Upscale steakhouse with great service”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The 'nouveau' thing Flemings has is an Ipad like app with all their wine selections and some sort of interactive menu feel with it. It's interesting, but frankly they never give you enough time to peruse the wine anyway, so it's not like I'm going to play their Ipad wine game.
We had the seafood tower (yum!--really fresh and good), small plates of braised short ribs and lobster tempura (both excellent), arugula/beet salads (decent, but bonus points for chilled fork), and chocolate lava cake (meh,ok). Way too much food, but server wasn't really clear as to how big the plates were so we sort of guessed. I'd say you could eliminate one of the smaller plates and one of the salads as well as the dessert and still be full.

Positives:
--cheery, effective server with good recommendations/tips
--not pressured to rush (even though we shut down the restaurant)
--quality seafood and very fresh 'seafood tower'
--excellent lobster tempura
--solid pour of wine
--dimly lit-romantic atmosphere, though a bit loud.
--older clientele and feels very upscale for GSO, which to me is a plus

Negatives
--quite frankly I think they needed more red wine selections by the glass that were not Cabs.
--not really clear how ''small' their small plates were, so we wound up ordering too much since we didn't know how hungry we would be after the seafood tower
--dessert (chocolate lava thing) was sort of meh. I've had better.

Solid service, decent selections. Improve the red wines other than Cabs by the glass selections. Not too cheap but we had a $50 gift card which was a nice bonus.

1 Thank Westmount
Forest Grove, Oregon
“Good meal, great service...”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I went to Fleming's for our anniversary and we were not disappointed. The decor is lovely. My husband commented on the volume of the music, that it was loud enough to hear the song, but not so loud as to interrupt conversation. All the wait staff seemed to be trained to perfection, from swapping out my white napkin to a dark one when he saw I was wearing a navy skirt to calling us by name the entire evening. Our waiter was outstanding and didn't miss a beat.

We got the seafood tower as a starter and it was amazing--a bit pricey at $50, but worth it for a special occasion. The sides of sauteed spinach and mashed potatoes were good. The only downside was the steak itself. I got the main filet mignon. It was cooked well, had very little fat, but the meat at Ruths-Chris tastes better (that's the only thing Ruths Chris has over Flemings. Our last trip to Ruths-Chris was disappointing). And, it is just a bit overpriced. I would return only for a special occasion. Overall, a great experience.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Loved it!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

They did a great job making my husband's birthday dinner a success! We both loved our food (I'm a vegetarian - hard to get me in a steak house much less enjoying it!), and the atmosphere was wonderful. Highly recommend sitting near the kitchen - so fun watching the hustle and bustle. The prices are high, but the food is definitely worth it. We will return again soon.

Calgary, Canada
“First time at Flemings”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I was on a business trip and we were taken to Flemings for dinner the second night of the trip. This is a top end steak and wine bar. The steak was cooked to perfection and the salads and side dishes were fantastic. Wine selection is extensive and I really recommend the seafood tower if you have a group for your appetizer. Overall very enjoyable.