“Charming Cheesecake”

Cheesecakes By Alex
Ranked #2 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A local scratch bakery located in the heart of historic Downtown Greensboro. Providing fresh baked pastries and other sweets along with locally roasted coffees and Ice cream. Plenty of indoor and outdoor seating with free WiFi.
britlee
“Charming Cheesecake”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Cheesecake's by Alex is a fantastic local dessert restaurant with a charm unique to Greensboro. The staff is pleasant, though not overly friendly. The dining area is small, but the outdoor patio is lovely in the summertime. We had a fun time sitting outside watching the Greensboro nightlife on a Friday night. It can get pretty full during the summer time, and I have found myself perched on a retaining wall when no tables are available.

I can highly recommend just about any slice of cheesecake. I have personally tried the Simply Chocolate, Chocolate Swirl, Chocolate Chip, Bananas Foster, Strawberry, Apple Crisp, and Espresso. All of them were fantastic and rivaled a certain big well-known cheesecake factory... I mean restaurant. In addition, the Brevaian cream filled cupcakes is tasty, as well as the cannoli. I don't recommend the velvet cakes, but that's just my personal preference.

Any time someone is looking for a dessert place, I highly recommend Cheesecake's by Alex. It's worth it.

• Visited May 2014

Gibsonville, North Carolina
“HomeMade Cheesecake”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

On my first visit to Cheesecakes by Alex I decided to go with the plain NY cheesecake...start off with the basics. What a treat! I was surprised at how small the space was but I went at an "off" time so it was not too hard to see the display case. So many tempting choices !!! I was delighted at the nice outdoor seating...would be a great place to meet friends and sit and chat. I did not have any of the many choices of beverages listed, but coffee drinkers would have a hard time choosing from the list posted. A great piece of cheesecake, my favorite dessert....and I will get a different one next time! Yes, I will be back!!

• Visited May 2014
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great Cheesecake!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Really, you can never go wrong with a slice of cheesecake from here! It's a great little spot with the best cheesecakes in town. Every flavor is a treat! The staff are friendly & helpful, and get people through the line quickly & efficiently. The seating areas are great, I prefer outside & the chance to people watch!

Visited May 2014
Butner, North Carolina
“Always eat dessert”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

After a great meal at Crafted my friends and I were on the hunt for dessert. Our server recommended this spot. She was right. My plain NY style cheesecake was outstanding and the orange creamsicle cupcake I took home for the next morning was a bit of sweet heaven with a cup of coffee. Greensboro may end up on my list of culinary destinations in NC.

• Visited March 2014
Washington
“Try the Carrot Cake!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Yes, my favorite item from here is the Carrot Cake. I have been coming here since being an undergrad in the early 2000s. They have expanded their options and its just a great place to go after dinner downtown.

Visited February 2014