“Huge menu, great service”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
sara514
“Huge menu, great service”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

You may think you are going to the usual Mexican restaurant -- Poblano's is tucked into Friendly Shopping Center and a little unassuming. The staff is super-friendly -- the menu selection is outstanding -- the salsa is my favorite in the Triad -- and the prices are reasonable. I've been trying to watch what I'm eating but decided that I wanted some Mexican food on a recent Saturday evening. I decided that the shrimp or fish tacos would be a decently healthy choice. My friend ordered the shrimp while I settled on the fish tacos. They were delicious -- filling and crunchy but I didn't leave feeling like I normally do after 3 sauce and cheese covered chicken enchiladas. The sangria was delish, too!

Visited February 2012

Greensboro, North Carolina
“There are better Mexican restaurants in town”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Dining here for the first time, Poblano's did not start with a good first impression, serving stale chips as an appetizer. The meat in our dishes was too salty and was overcooked, though it did still have a good flavor. We prefer Don Juan's for Mexican cuisine.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Cloudstepper
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Favorite mexican food in Greensboro”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I visited the Poblanos on Battleground in my quest to find a "favorite" mexican restaurant in town (I am new to the area). I do not feel that I need to look further. The restaurant was clean and had bright, lively decor. The waitress was efficient and friendly. The salsa was fresh and the chips were hot. We had a coupon for a free dip and ordered the "Poblano's Dip." It was delicious and my favorite part of the meal! I ordered the chicken fajitas. At $11.95, they would have easily been an entree to share. I had so much left over food! They run different specials on many days of the week, so I suggest checking their website or calling ahead before you dine.

• Visited November 2011
High Point, North Carolina
“Not as good as it once was”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Poblano's relocated a few years ago to the Venice restaurant on Elm St. When it was located in the old location it was great. They had the best soft tacos. Just awesome. Since moving to the new location they don't seem to be as good. Still pretty good though. Also, I have noticed that the new location isn't as clean as it could be.

• Visited August 2010
Greensboro, NC
“Good place for vegeterian dishes”
Reviewed October 18, 2009

My wife and I like to get vegeterian burritos and quesadillas. We feel that the Poblano's variety are very strong. We've not tried many other dishes, but can heartily recommend the items I've mentioned above.