“Diamond in the rough”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Small, retro diner with fabulous food and equally fabulous service....Reminds me of the eateries of my youth that textile mill workers flocked to for great food at a value price....Biscuits to die for, gravy like mamma used to make, and eggs that smile back at you on the plate....You can't go wrong with Smith Street Diner.......

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Amazing family atmosphere. Food was good I have never had a biscuit that large in my life. Very lively and there was a line on Saturday morning. It was worth the wait. Will definitely come back during my next trip to Greensboro. Oh yeah there were no flies of any kind.

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Great, friendly service. The grits and gravy are hot and buttery. The coffee is fresh and strong. The biscuits are huge, fluffy, warm, and buttery. This is where the locals eat. A must try!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Love the quaintness, the history and the friendliness of the staff. Loved our breakfast. Our second time going. Jennifer our waitress was wonderful and they served our party of seven in no time at all. Just have to wait to get in, but once in, fabulous! The biscuits and pancakes are huge and thanks to Jennifer I had the Virginia ham which was awesome. Can't wait to go on my next visit.

1  Thank karenbearcountry
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Awesome breakfast. Tons of wonderful homemade specialties. There's always a wait but it's totally worth it. Huge buttery homemade biscuits. It does get a little noisy because it's a small place that's always crowded, but the service is excellent. Highly recommend.