“Go back in time”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Retro diner. Reasonable prices. I drove by this place a few times while in Greensboro and it is always packed. Had to have breakfast here my last day and glad I did. Smith street diner is open 8 days a week.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

and went back twice for breakfast... from Greensboro and parts beyond. Our breakfast at the B&B was disappointing, so we drove into town to Smith Street Diner and had a wonderful breakfast. Fresh...eggs are really good. all good... would go out of my way to come back.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We visit this restaurant regularly, often for breakfast after church. The waitstaff is incredibly friendly and take great care of diners. The pancakes are delicious and the biscuits are HUGE. I cannot emphasize how huge the biscuits are. Sometimes I will get a chicken biscuit, eat the chicken with just the bottom of the biscuit, and put jelly on the top half and eat it separately. And then I am FULL.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Oh my! This was a great breakfast. I had a western omelet. It was so good. It was not greasy. It was just enough cheese and veggies with each bite. The service was great. It is the type of restaurant that the waitress shares with you like you've known each other from way back.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The place was packed but the staff made sure we were happy and taken care of. The coffee is fantastic! The food is typical breakfast items but of great quality. The biscuits are the biggest I have ever seen. Worth the wait and the visit!