“Biggest biscuits ever!”

Smith Street Diner
Ranked #27 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Biggest biscuits ever!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We found the diner to be, well, like an old diner; however, the food was great and the staff very friendly. This was our 2nd visit and the food has been very good both times. I would highly recommend it, but don't order two biscuits unless you've been fasting for over a week. They are enormous.

Visited May 2013

Greensboro, North Carolina
“New favorite breakfast spot!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Having lived in Greensboro for years, I don't know why I haven't heard much about Smith Street Diner until recently. But after hearing good things, I took a chance on bringing out of town guests one Saturday morning for breakfast. YUM! I have been missing out. I have been back twice. It is a nice little diner and the staff is great. You can get your biscuit fix here. I knew they were known for their big biscuits, but I was also surprised to get a very large pancake on one visit - the portions make this place an excellent deal!

• Visited March 2013
“Biggest Biscuits East of the Mississippi”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

A friend recommended this place to us as it was near our hotel. We were glad we tried it. Was very busy as it was a Saturday morning. They do ask you wait outside if the Returaunt is full which is a bit of the pain but you will be happy you did. Prices were very reasonable and portions are huge. Biscuits and Gravy for $3.95 and the biscuit is the size of a large mans fist. I will be back if I ever find myself in Greensboro again.

Summerfield, NC
“down home cooking”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

a typical southern diner decor. We went on a Friday night so very few people (the restaurant is located downtown). We both had a meat and two vegtables, all very very good, and oh my the biscuits are as big as both of my fists! Very good service

• Visited April 2013
“We love diners!!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Kudos to Smith Street diner! We stopped in for brunch during a weekend getaway to Greensboro. We were very pleasantly pleased with the menu selection, prices and mostly the taste of the food. Service was quick and food was delicious and hot! We love small diners and you guys are perfect! THANK YOU!