“Meh”

Ranked #2 of 31 Dessert in Greensboro
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I really want to like this place because so many other people do, so I went back a second time just to make sure it wasn't just an off day the first time I went. It wasn't.

I felt optimistic when I pulled up because the line of customers literally went out the door. All these people like it, it must be good, I thought. Those people are wrong.

The good: the decor is very charming, I wish my house was as pretty, the people are friendly and the cakes and cupcakes are beautiful, they also offer frosting shots which the other cupcake shop doesn't (which is good for my kids who likes frosting but not cake).

The bad: the cupcakes are smaller than the other fancy cupcake shop in GSO, the cupcakes weren't fresh, but had been made previously and frozen (either that or their cooler is waaay too cold) they frosting was not good, it was so thick that it lost it's creaminess and became a solid and also wasn't a buttercream (maybe a cream cheese frosting?) it had a hardness to the outside like it wasn't fresh, I actually got 2 different cupcakes so I could make a fair analysis, their cake was the same, too hard and heavy. I had 2 kids with me, one of them was a teenager and no one finished their cupcakes. We were just not impressed.

They do have the ability to make cool, fantastic and/or crazy cakes, so if you have an event and need a cake for looks but not taste, this is a good choice.

1  Thank bugettraveler

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I recently attended a conference in Greensboro and went over to Maxie B's for dessert with our group after our evening meeting. We were delightfully surprised to find this charming dessert shop and the dozens of cakes and delicious desserts to choose from. There were charming little seating areas and it made a very enjoyable evening! It is a must do if you are in Greensboro!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I went by and got some cake for our date night. I am a baker so I know how much work goes into baking. They have an excellent selection of desserts and the cake slices we tried were excellent. I would recommend anyone who loves cake or cupcakes to stop by and try it. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

This place is know for their cake slices. They have many different cakes that you can get single slices from. They also have cupcakes, pound cake, oatmeal cookies and other stuff. They are kind of expensive. 4.50 for a slice. But the slices are heavy and dense. I got the lemon layer cake, it was good. The only thing is that it's kind of a small area were all the cakes are so it gets crowded.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Boyfriend & I have been fans for about a year now, definitely some of the best cake ever! I will say stick to cake slices which run 4.50 but they are generous slices that can be shared, but you won't want to! Had a cupcake & wasn't thrilled. Apple cinnamon cream cheese my absolute favorite. We try new slices each time, many options to choose from. Beautiful decor & sophisticated style. Truly a treat, prepare for a little bit of long line but you won't mind simply from the smell inside the bakery & drooling at everything on display. You won't regret it!