“Never met a slice we didn't like”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Maxie B's

Maxie B's
Ranked #2 of 29 Dessert in Greensboro
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Thomasville, North Carolina
“Never met a slice we didn't like”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Boyfriend & I have been fans for about a year now, definitely some of the best cake ever! I will say stick to cake slices which run 4.50 but they are generous slices that can be shared, but you won't want to! Had a cupcake & wasn't thrilled. Apple cinnamon cream cheese my absolute favorite. We try new slices each time, many options to choose from. Beautiful decor & sophisticated style. Truly a treat, prepare for a little bit of long line but you won't mind simply from the smell inside the bakery & drooling at everything on display. You won't regret it!

“Not what I have come to expect”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and limit ourselves to one dessert a week. Over the past 6 months we make it a point to pick up a slice of cake or a cupcake every Friday evening from Maxi B's. For the most part the cakes and cupcakes have been excellent. Unfortunately, the past four weeks have not lived up to what we have come to expect from Maxi B's. Several weeks ago I ordered a slice of cream cheese pound cake only to discover, when I was at home, the cake I received was lemon pound cake. The cake was under baked and gummy near the center. The next week I ordered the chocolate pound cake which was very dry and dense (even after letting the slice warm up for over an hour). The next visit I decided to change things up and ordered a slice of a classic yellow cake with chocolate frosting. This slice was another disappointment in that it also was dry. Finally, this past Wednesday (changed up the Friday routine), I decided to go back to my all time favorite, the cream cheese pound cake. The slice I had was under baked and gummy/wet near what would have been the center of the pan and bottom, which was now the top covered in icing. Up until the past 4 weeks Maxi B's cakes and cupcakes have been great! I sure hope the trend we have experienced the past 4 weeks is not indicative of future visits. If so we will need to find another place for our weekly desert.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best cake besides mine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Whenever I want some cake and Im too lazy to bake it myself, I go to Maxie B's. Here cakes remind me of my grandmother's.

Visited March 2013
North Carolina
“Wonderful Desserts and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Can't rave enough over the incredible cakes here. It's a good thing it's not near my house!!!!! Also, a very fun, shabby chic atmosphere.

Visited November 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“YUCK!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Maxie B's baked goods LOOK so good!!! But boy are those looks deceiving! My friend and I bought a cupcake, got home, both took a bite and both spit it out at the same time. SO DRY! I bought my friend a bday cake from here (I think it was pink lemonade flavor). YUCK! One slice got eaten. No one could eat this cake. But, man, it was pretty.

If you're into pretty things that don't taste well this is your place. I have since switched bakeries to Delicious Bakery on Lawndale Ave. (now that's some good cake!)

• Visited January 2013