“YUCK!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Maxie B's

Maxie B's
Ranked #2 of 29 Dessert in Greensboro
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“YUCK!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Maxie B's baked goods LOOK so good!!! But boy are those looks deceiving! My friend and I bought a cupcake, got home, both took a bite and both spit it out at the same time. SO DRY! I bought my friend a bday cake from here (I think it was pink lemonade flavor). YUCK! One slice got eaten. No one could eat this cake. But, man, it was pretty.

If you're into pretty things that don't taste well this is your place. I have since switched bakeries to Delicious Bakery on Lawndale Ave. (now that's some good cake!)

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank 357JenniferB

Jamestown, North Carolina
“Amazing cake, cupcake, everything!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've had a birthday cake made here, as well as just stopped in for cupcakes. The shop itself is super cute. It can get crowded just because of the space. There is usually a line on Saturday morning/afternoon. I love going here to get a piece of cake to go. It's perfect!!! The birthday cake I had custom made was absolutely perfect! They are good at what they do. I always tell people to go there if they have something special they need done!

• Visited February 2013
“Wish it was as good as it looked....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

So I have visited this beautiful bakery twice in the last month. The decor is right up my alley. The cake not so much. Both visits my cake, as well as my husbands cake, was extremely dry. I loved the icing, it was super sweet but I like that. We tried Rasberry Lady, Caramel, Red Velvet cupcake, and something apple cake. Really dry. The texture reminded me of a one year anniversary cake out of the freezer from your wedding night. Around 5 bucks a slice I would expect a little better. I'm in no hurry to return, but I'd love the name of their decorator.

1 Thank Ripple72
Bristol, Virginia
“Best cakes around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Our family lives in Gboro and we recently started using them for birthday cakes, and other occasion cakes. Their cakes are absolutely the best we have ever ordered from anywhere around. Their shop and café area is also great to come in and grab a slice of cake and coffee.

• Visited January 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Moist and Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

What's not to love about Maxie B's?!? I wanted them to do my wedding cake but they were booked for my date.They have the best cake in town.