“Stay away!!!!”

Ranked #371 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Seafood
“Stay away!!!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We recently ate at the Tides Inn. Our party consisted of my husband, mother, my 3 year old son and myself. My husband who doesn't eat seafood ordered chicken tenders which were hard and you could tell that they were your everyday out of the freezer section tenders but considering its a seafood restaurant I didn't expect much better. On to everyone else's. My son had baby fried shrimp when we got his food the shrimp had barely met the fryer we had to send it back. My plate consisted of clam strips, crab cakes and deviled crab. Ok this is a seafood restaurant why in the world would they serve imitation crab that's just ridiculous. My moms food wasn't any better. Our bill was $80 for seafood that I could have cooked better myself. Take my advice go somewhere up the road a little. Terrible place and we will never go back!!!!!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank MWinebarger

Greensboro NC
“Last visit!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just ate our last meal at Tides Inn. The plate was overflowing but it was built on hushpuupies. If I had caught that flounder I would have thrown it back so that it could grow up. The filet was thin, dry and overcooked. My wife had the oysters that were as big as your palm of the hand - overly chewy. The waitstaff was excellent - constantly checking on our table to see if there were any needs.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank wilkialGreensboroNC
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Perfectly Fried Seafood”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Excellent choice for fried seafood. Never in my life had scallops fried so perfect! A Greensboro Gem!

Visited December 2012
piedmont nc
“excellent fried seafood”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Tides Inn has the best fried seafood around. I have never been disappointed. The food is never greasy, the portions are generous and the prices are more than fair. The restaurant is far from upscale, if you looking for fine dining or romantic atmosphere then you should go elsewhere. But, if you are in the mood for some fried jumbo shrimp, flounder or oysters you would be hard pressed to find any better in North or South Carolina. And that includes the coast.

North Carolina
“Great food with friends”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I was told this palce was ok but it is great. The restaurant look like it needs a make over but the food was not greasy at all on a Thursday night. We had fish and shrimp combo, and the taste was great. Once you walk in you can smell ?? but after you sit down you can't smell it no more. Place was very busy, the staff was great and came to the table to check on us. We will be back to eat again.

• Visited September 2012