“atmosphere / clientele / food / drink”
Review of Cafe Europa

Cafe Europa
Ranked #75 of 929 Restaurants in Greensboro
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed April 9, 2013

this is one of the diamonds in the rough in this city, and i have to say for the past 8 years the food has stayed great. what more can i say - if you are downtown - try this place out.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were recommended to eat here by the receptionist at the Green Hill Art Center and she was right! Erica waited on us promptly and helped with our questions. I had the wonderful Chicken with tomato/basil panini and my husband had the Mussels Diavolo with a baguette. Both were just excellent and we also enjoyed the great decor. It was full of business people who were obviously regulars and we now know why. Would definitely go again, and ask for Erica as our waitress.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great friendly staff, well priced food, great selection of drinks and seats outside to people watch in the park opposite. Try the Bruschetta its fabulous!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you're looking for a great place to socialize and grab some drinks (especially on Wednesday for 1/2 price wine), you've come to the right place. If you're looking for a great place to have a nice dinner with your husband, you need to go elsewhere. My husband and I visited Cafe Europa on a Wednesday night around 6:15 pm. It was very crowded and our waitress stuck us at a tiny table where we bumped elbows with the people at the tables beside us. To my left there was a man whose rear end literally touched my husband's drink when he stood up to leave because our tables were so close. To my right there was a group of girls who talked to a waitress (who was on duty) for a good 15 minutes after our arrival. The waitress had her phone out, getting their numbers and chatting. It was so loud that I was having to yell at my husband so we could discuss the menu. The menu offerings did sound delicious, but I was sad to see that the menu in the restaurant was not the same as the one that I had read over on their website before we came. We ordered the crab dip, which was wonderful, and left to have a meal somewhere else. I noticed that there is a lot of outdoor seating available, so we may revisit when the weather is warmer and sit outside where there is much more room. I have heard good things about their brunch menu so perhaps we'll try visiting at another time of the day, too, to see if we like it more.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Dependably good, great value. We love the patio in warm weather and the cozy inside when it's cold. Don't miss the beef Bourguignon on weekends. Great value-priced wine selection.