“always a favorite”

Darryl's Wood Fired Grill
Ranked #9 of 901 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Veasley St
Transit: Use the Greensboro Transit Authority Bus System. Mon- Sat. use Route 11 stop 3 at the High Point Rd. and Pinecroft intersection, and Sun. take Route 25 stop 3 at the same intersection. More information regarding the Greensboro Transit Authority is available via http://www.greensboro-nc.gov/departments/GDOT/divisions/gta/routes/
Description: Since 1971 we’ve been known for our 100% wood fire grilled steaks, ribs, and Southern classics. We expanded in 2010 with a $2 million renovation that included two outdoor fire pits, an outdoor bar, large patio, themed seating areas, new large bar, business bar, and state of the art kitchen. Although steaks and ribs are our specialty, we offer a large and diverse, made from scratch menu. With a World Class Bar program consisting of 24 craft beers on draft, 24 wines by the glass, and a 10-page menu– we’re sure you’ll find something to please your taste buds. Our two-story restaurant has plenty of room for all your friends and we’re eager to accommodate groups of all sizes up to 130 people. You can even reserve the fire pit areas and theatre room for private events! Enjoy your meal in a glamorous theatre room, floating ferris wheel seat, elevator booth, jailhouse or snuggle up with S’mores for dessert by one of our outdoor fire pits. Located across from the Koury Convention Center and close by the Greensboro Coliseum.
Reviewed December 15, 2013

If you are in Greensboro, you have to check this one out. We used to have 3 Darryl's within 10 miles of our house but they have all closed. It used to be a chain with 36 operating in 9 different states but now the one in Greensboro is the only one left. A couple of times a month we will drive from Durham to Greensboro just to eat there. You can get beer and wine flights if you want to do the taste test. They are known for their beef and pork ribs and the pork ribs will just fall off the bone. Their soups are great and my favorite salad is the Southern Fried Chicken Salad (hold the chicken and bacon) with spicy pecans. Their home made crackers are awesome with the salads or soups. If you get a meal that comes with sides I recommend the harvest rice and the mac & cheese. I don't know what they do with the mac & cheese but it melts in your mouth. The decorations are quirky like a carnival ride booth and a jail cell room with several tables. They have outside dining and 2 fire pits you can sit around. For desert you can have old fashion S'mores or our favorite...Cappuccino Cake. We drive 55 miles just to eat there so you know it has to be good.

Jennifer H, Guest Relations Manager at Darryl's Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Great review! You're making me hungry! I hope that you will be back to join us soon!

There are newer reviews for Darryl's Wood Fired Grill

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Restaurant decorated in several fun themed areas. Decor very interesting and fun. Food was satisfactory and service was good. Had a huge list of beers, but didn't have the one my husband wanted in stock. Two very nice fire pits on patio in front of restaurant. We made a reservation online through their website. Would be a fun place to go with a group of friends.

You summed it up nicely, and thank you! My apologies for us not having the beer in stock. We always aim to have them all in stock, and I'm sure we will have it in stock next time you join us. Thank you for joining us, and I hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Neat place to have a few drinks but the food is not worth eating. Steaks on par with The Sizzler (ugh!), sides merely okay. You can do far better elsewhere.

1  Thank David T

That really doesn't sound like us, and I'll be passing this feedback on to our Chefs. Our steaks are cooked on a wood fired grill and are Certified Angus Beef. Anytime that you are unhappy with your meal, please don't hesitate to let a manager know so we can fix it immediately for you.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere for escaping everyday life. Food is very good but service is middle ground. Ok but not hitting details. No orange slice on Blue Moon, what bartender would do that? 10 mins later I get 3 big slices - nice! Love their shrimp and grits, flounder, etc. never had anything that wasn't very good. Enjoy!

I'm glad to hear you got your orange slices! Thank you for the review, and I hope you'll join us again soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I made a spontaneous stop in just to try something casual and not too expensive. It turned out perfect, we had Filet Mignon and sirion & ribs accompanied by 2 shark attacks, and 2 of the mixed drinks from the "liquid nitrogen" menu. Sally was our server and I couldn't have asked for better customer service. She was very personable and attentitive. We will definitely be coming back and will ask for Sally.our bill only need up being 99$ so

That sounds like the perfect meal…especially with the shark attacks and liquid nitrogen drinks in there! We look forward to seeing you again soon!