“Better take out”

Darryl's Wood Fired Grill
Ranked #20 of 930 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Veasley St
Transit: Use the Greensboro Transit Authority Bus System. Mon- Sat. use Route 11 stop 3 at the High Point Rd. and Pinecroft intersection, and Sun. take Route 25 stop 3 at the same intersection. More information regarding the Greensboro Transit Authority is available via http://www.greensboro-nc.gov/departments/GDOT/divisions/gta/routes/
Description: Since 1971 we’ve been known for our 100% wood fire grilled steaks, ribs, and Southern classics. We expanded in 2010 with a $2 million renovation that included two outdoor fire pits, an outdoor bar, large patio, themed seating areas, new large bar, business bar, and state of the art kitchen. Although steaks and ribs are our specialty, we offer a large and diverse, made from scratch menu. With a World Class Bar program consisting of 24 craft beers on draft, 24 wines by the glass, and a 10-page menu– we’re sure you’ll find something to please your taste buds. Our two-story restaurant has plenty of room for all your friends and we’re eager to accommodate groups of all sizes up to 130 people. You can even reserve the fire pit areas and theatre room for private events! Enjoy your meal in a glamorous theatre room, floating ferris wheel seat, elevator booth, jailhouse or snuggle up with S’mores for dessert by one of our outdoor fire pits. Located across from the Koury Convention Center and close by the Greensboro Coliseum.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This restaurant is surrounded by hotels so a busy place. We were traveling with our dog so ordered take out. We ordered prime rib which was good unfortunately our salads were missing from the order. CHECK your order before you leave.

1  Thank dasmith04
Jennifer H, Guest Relations Manager at Darryl's Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that your salads were missing. Did you contact the store back to let them know? I hope you did, and that we were able to resolve things for you. I hope you will join us next time you're traveling through town.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Not cheap but the best beef ribs ever. Even those with allergies could eat here. Bathroom on the main floor was a bit hard for the oldest relatives in our party.

Thank you so much for the great review! I've sent you a message to find out more about the main floor bathroom being difficult for the oldest relatives in your party. I'd like to pass that feedback along and see what we can improve upon. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I had a business lunch here while visiting Greensboro. I had the rib and rib combo. It was very good. Two floors with several outside seats including a fire pit. I will stop here again.

Thank you for stopping in with us for lunch! Next time you stop in, may I recommend our steaks over the wood fired grill? They are a nice treat as well. See you soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I took a Private Party to Darryl's on a Thursday Night. I made the Reservations MONTHS in advance. I even went over there two days before to eat lunch and meet the Manager. He was somewhat friendly and had all the right words. While I did NOT really expect him to Comp my Lunch, I guess I did expect him to offer to sit down and talk a while or offer me a Dessert to try, but nothing like it was no big deal that I was bring him some 56-58 people on a Thursday night.

When we got there they knew we were coming but had NO other info and was letting some little girls take care of us instead of him. I then learned he took the night off and had only given about 1/2 of the info to his Asst Mgr about our Seating and such. So at the last minute they were rearranging Tables & Chairs. Very UN-Professional.

Food was pretty good but my Steak was over cooked.

I think we could have found better, but no where as close to the Hotel.

At Darryl's, we take pride in our guests and how we handle their celebrations. Being one of the very few places that can handle large parties and be able to offer them a reasonably priced menu, we take all of the feedback seriously. Your feedback has been passed along to our management to be utilized for training and development of our staff and our business. I hope that you'll give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were on a trek to find the place we got engaged Darryl's 30 plus years ago in Lexington Ky. We found the only and original was in Greensboro SC. On a weekend whim we headed out and it and we're not disappointed. The ribs were moist and flavorful. Desert was a cappuccino
Cake with chocolate sauce that was delightful. The service was great. Glad that we made the trip.

Aww! It sounds like it was a great trip down Memory Lane. I'm so glad that we were able to create another delicious visit to celebrate your engagement anniversary. Wishes for many more years!